UFC 249: Ferguson vs Gaethje - May 9 🇺🇸

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?   

17 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The real winner of the Ferguson vs Gaethje fight is Khabib.

As @wandshogun09 said, no one faces Gaethje and comes out of it unscathed. In fact, the fighters he faces are often changed for good. It takes years off a mans career.

Even if Ferguson manages to come out with the win, he won't be the same. And Khabib will be waiting.

Edited by David

• Paid Members

and Ferguson cant afford to lose years, i think alot of people forget he's 36 years old.

Watched the Countdown and listened to a few podcasts and im finally in. My feelings have gone back and forth on this whole thing, but im finally getting that buzz for tomorrow night.

• Paid Members

With everything going on it’s easy to forget just how insanely stacked this card is. There are some fantastic fights on this card that have had little to no conversation whatsoever. I think partly because of the chaos surrounding this show and the hesitance to get excited about it. And also, nobody’s really looking beyond the top 2 or 3 fights.

But Christ...Stephens vs Kattar, Pettis vs Cerrone 2 and Werdum vs Oleynik are all fights you could easily see headlining a Fight Night and I’m looking forward to all of them for different reasons. Jacare vs Hall could be fun. Hardy hopefully gets sparked. It’s a great card top to bottom. Fuck, it shows how loaded a card is when you’ve got Vicente Luque vs Niko Price on the Fight Pass bit. 

• Paid Members

how do you think Cerrone looks? that recent ESPN interview he did was quite revealing. For a guy who fights so often its strange that he struggles so much with nerves and getting up for a fight. He basically admitted he was defeated before he got in the cage with Conor, just didnt wanna be there. He's lost 3 badly on the bounce now and whilst the short notice thing will probably help his head im starting to think we may see the end of Cowboy real soon.

• Paid Members

Here we go. Hopefully he’ll be OK and it hasn’t spread to anyone else but as much as we all want to see some fights, I can’t see how it doesn’t spread over the next week with 3 events taking place, all in Jacksonville, with all fighters and their teams staying the same hotel. How do you control that? It’s a disaster waiting to happen.

It’s no surprise but Gilbert Burns has offered to step in against Uriah Hall. He was there anyway because he’s working Vicente Luque’s corner, I saw him having that awful looking nasal swab test yesterday. He’s off his head and loves a short notice fight so I’ve no doubt he’s serious. 

3DA6AB5A-C922-4904-8953-862766EC3E9C.jpeg

It gets worse...

9620E1E8-D416-484B-9100-CD123D0DBDD1.jpeg

Edited by wandshogun09

More info from Sherdog:

Late on Friday, ESPN reported that Ronaldo Souza has tested positive for Covid-19. Souza was matched up on the preliminary portion of the card against Uriah Hall, and their middleweight bout has been scratched.

The card has not been shut down, and the UFC will be proceeding with 11 fights. The Florida State Boxing Commission has ultimate authority over this event, and the UFC has sought and gained permission to carry out the fight card in lieu of this news. The commission officials allowed the card to continue because the system they put in place caught Souza’s illness and isolated him before he competed.

According to the promotion, Souza was asymptomatic but informed the company officials on Wednesday that a family member had tested positive for the coronavirus. The UFC placed Souza in isolation after taking the test, and his positive results came back on Friday.

Additionally, the UFC announced in a statement on Friday night that two of Souza's cornermen also tested positive for Covid-19. The two cornermen, like Souza, were not displaying the symptoms associated with the coronavirus. The three have left the hotel, and will be monitored by the UFC's medical staff at another isolated location.

Although the organization stated that Souza and the cornermen had been following health and safety protocols, images and video have surfaced showing Souza in close contact with others at the hotel including Fabricio Werdum.

Edited by jimufctna24

• Paid Members

Gilbert Burns is a mentalist. They wont risk him though, the plan is to have him headline a May 23rd card against Tyron Woodley.

Here's a tweet that aged poorly:

Edited by Egg Shen

I wonder if they will hook the whole show now, I seen a video of Jacare laughing and joking with Werdum and others.

I really hope not because after watching the countdown, embedded etc I'm pretty hyped but safety is more important. 

If it does happen I really really hope Cruz wins, been a fan of him for ages and Cejudo is literally the cringiest guy in the whole UFC.

• Paid Members

Luque vs Price has been bumped up to the TV prelims now with Jacare vs Hall off. Glad about that, it deserved higher billing than Fight Pass anyway. This is how it’s looking for tonight...

On 2/21/2020 at 11:22 PM, wandshogun09 said:

569-C8454-68-E9-4-A9-A-A3-E2-EFEFC525-D2

PPV MAIN CARD
Tony Ferguson vs Justin Gaethje - Interim Lightweight Title

Henry Cejudo vs Dominick Cruz - Bantamweight Title

Francis Ngannou vs Jairzinho Rozenstruik

Jeremy Stephens vs Calvin Kattar

Greg Hardy vs Yorgan De Castro

ESPN 2 PRELIMS
Anthony Pettis vs Donald Cerrone

Fabrício Werdum vs Alexey Oleynik 

Carla Esparza vs Michelle Waterson

Vicente Luque vs Niko Price

ESPN+/FIGHT PASS PRELIMS 
Bryce Mitchell vs Charles Rosa

Ryan Spann vs Sam Alvey

And the all important times...

885A4928-A85C-449E-B2F2-6E9CF4E61E12.jpeg

Edited by wandshogun09

• Moderators

AND WE'RE LIVE...DISCUSSION! FUCK THE MODS

I'm already sad that we have Rogan and Cormier commentating. They are crediting UFC's testing plan for keeping people safe with regards to Jacare, which to me just highlights how bonkers it is to put this show on. That said you best believe I'm gonna be watching every fight.