UFC 249: Ferguson vs Gaethje - May 9 🇺🇸

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?   

17 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Paid Members

Seen talk of Gaethje or Poirier fighting Ferguson. But Gaethje has said a few times in the past that he doesn’t take short notice fights because he needs a full camp to fight the way he does. And Poirier said he’d be up for it the other day but now today he’s saying it doesn’t look like he’s fighting and the UFC haven’t got back to him.

At this point, they might as well just pull the plug. 249 wasn’t meant to be. As much as I’d love to see some fights on the 18th, I’d rather they just keep trying for Khabib vs Ferguson when all this madness dies down. This whole persistence with pushing forward with a cobbled together event seems like it’s more about Dana’s ego than anything. He went on a rant about how this show was going ahead so now he’s going to move heaven and earth just to be right. Now if some semblance of a card goes ahead, they’re in a position where it’s probably only going to be fighters already in the US that they can put on there. So that’s going limit them. Khabib vs Ferguson is already off. We’re going to end up with a dead Fight Night looking card with Ferguson fighting someone like James Vick aren’t we? 

• Paid Members

So according to Tony Ferguson, Khabib is cacking himself and is just using the convenient excuse of a fucking global pandemic to get out of fighting him. But wait...

D4E3B731-17FA-47CB-BDBD-54317CFC0DAB.jpeg

I mean, he’s right in that quote of course. And I know better than to try to make sense of Ferguson’s waffle. But the hypocrisy is amazing. 

Edited by wandshogun09

• Paid Members

Inane that they are even contemplating trying to salvage anything, 3 weeks out when no one has time to prepare properly, logistically this thing just cant work. What the fuck is happening?

• Paid Members

It's just Dana now trying to prove the folk that call him a fat that he can get this done. Hopefully Vince McMahon is leaving him voice messages taunting him about his tits and not getting this done.

While I'm not against watching some fresh fights, it does seem a tad ridiculous to keep this going when the whole point of trying to get it done (Tony v Khabib, finally) is off.