Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is the best day of my life. A woman staying in the pub has been on Bargain Hunt and HAS THE FLEECE WOTH HER.    Needless to say we all had a go wearing it. 

She's only 34. That's the type of information 32 year old me uses to convince himself that he has a chance.

It’s the age old question, isn’t it. Do they dress like that because they’re antiques experts or do they become antiques experts because they dress like that. 

Posted Images

Not quite Bargain Hunt viewing but I've got the kids into Flog It, because they like seeing the disappointment on peoples faces when their item which they think is highly valued isn't worth much (see also Antiques Roadshow which is where this glee came from)

I feel like an awful parent raising cynical, bitter kids :)

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Paid Members
Posted (edited)

There’s an odd market for BBC One shows that span midday, that I’ve only been witness to since lockdown before Bargain Hunt starts.

Rip Off Britain might be one of them, but I’ve also seen Caught Red Handed, and Close Calls: Caught on Camera. They share the same traits of having terrible stories, shockingly bad reconstructions and opening/closing sequences that feature graphics from a GCSE school project/a clipart CD ROM.

There’s also often a risk of Dom Littlewood being involved.

One that was on the other day, with Nick Knowles at the helm, ended with a story of a man who tripped over a tree when it was windy. Unfortunately, it wasn’t Dom Littlewood and he wasn’t hurt.

Edit: for what it’s worth, and incase you’ve ever wondered, Dom Littlewood is what a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle would look like if your removed the outer shell.

Edited by scratchdj
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Moderators
Posted (edited)

There used to be one about the A1 in the 11:30 slot which was about as interesting as an episode of The South Bank Show on Michael Owen. 

 

The one about moving to Australia is alright. 

 

There's one about people ripping off insurance companies and then being caught and going to prison which is about as fun as it sounds as well. 

Edited by PowerButchi
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Moderators
6 hours ago, Keith Houchen said:

I’m missing Doctors, lads. That Aussie thing just isn’t cutting it. 

Important double post. 

 

It'll be on its Wimbledon break. I don't think The Worlds Finest Soap will be back till after the summer hols. Its a term time exclusive 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Paid Members
18 minutes ago, scratchdj said:

Edit: for what it’s worth, and incase you’ve ever wondered, Dom Littlewood is what a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle would look like if your removed the outer shell.

Dominic Littlewood is a consumer affairs hobgoblin.

I used to like Heir Hunters

Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, PowerButchi said:

Important double post. 

 

It'll be on its Wimbledon break. I don't think The Worlds Finest Soap will be back till after the summer hols. Its a term time exclusive 

I think they’ve ran out of episodes. The most recent one was a Zoom special where Ruma got the Covid. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Moderators
51 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

I think they’ve ran out of episodes. The most recent one was a Zoom special where Ruma got the Covid. 

I've not seen an episode since Lockdown. I've really let myself down. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Paid Members
2 hours ago, PowerButchi said:

There's one about people ripping off insurance companies and then being caught and going to prison which is about as fun as it sounds as well. 

That show is like a how to for committing better insurance fraud. 

They only ever catch the idiots and there was a whole episode about people who pretended they had to poo too much on holiday. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Moderators
3 hours ago, PowerButchi said:

There used to be one about the A1 in the 11:30 slot which was about as interesting as an episode of The South Bank Show on Michael Owen. 

 

The one about moving to Australia is alright. 

 

There's one about people ripping off insurance companies and then being caught and going to prison which is about as fun as it sounds as well. 

Traffic Cops?

I fucking love "Wanted Down Under" - always seems to be some dull and morose couple, one of them desperately wants to move to Australia thinking it'll cure all their problems. It gets even better when the person who wants to move makes broad sweeping statements like "it'll be fine, I'll just work two jobs" when they find out they can barely afford to live there.

Yeah, all of those insurance/builder scam shows just blur into the same for me. Dom Littlewood acting the big 'un in all of them.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Sebastian back to his usual money wasting self today, an overall loss of £42 after encouraging his team to splurge £180 on some silver box.  Fortunately for him Charles Hanson had an absolute mare and did even worse (total loss of £95).  The fool then has the gall to start jumping around and celebrating the "win" like it was something to be proud of!  Raskin-Sharp on hosting duties again.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...