UFC Brasilia: Lee vs Oliveira - Mar 14 🇧🇷

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?   

11 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

6 hours ago, Egg Shen said:

Yeh i quite enjoyed the lack of crowd being there, felt like watching TUF fights.

Charles Oliveira is a problem at lightweight. Ive always pegged Oliveira to be a bit fragile, but he's developed into a true player. You can how confident he is on the feet now because few can handle him on the ground if they decide to take him there. 

Oliveira's had good technical stand-up for a long time, but the issue, like you say, is that he seemed to have trouble when he did get hit. Somehow, he seems to have developed a chin as he's gotten older and had more UFC experience, when typically it's the opposite. Perhaps it's because he's filled out a bit and is carrying a bit more muscle on his frame? Although don't know how that would help his jaw exactly. He's gone from wilting the second Cub Swanson touched him to taking hooks from Kevin Lee without issue. It's an awesome development in his game, because it forced Lee to shoot when that's the absolute worst thing to do against someone with the jujitsu skills of Oliveira, but he was starting to get rocked on the feet so he was running out of options. I've been a fan of Charles Oliveira since he debuted, so glad he's putting it all together now and coming into his prime. Let's not forget he faced killers like Jim Miller and Donald Cerrone in their prime in his early UFC fights. Talk about trial by fire!

I wonder if the lack of crowd factored into the lack of finishes for so long on the card? Usually, when someone lands a big shot, the crowd reacts and it seems to spur the attacking fighter on, but there was none of that here. Also, both fighters could hear their corners perfectly, meaning they could be coached out of compromising positions. Good fights all throughout, but I was definitely turning into a bit of a "Just Bleed" fan about halfway into the main card... "c'mon, someone finish someone!"