Wilder vs Fury 2 - Feb 22 🥊

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?   

57 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

My plan is to go out for few drinks with friends, come back to mine, order it, talk throughout whilst watching a under card that doesn't look the best and then watch the main event. I probably should ask permission from my wife first now that I type this, but easier to deal with after coming back home with few drinks in me. I'm pumped for this rematch, not often I stay up nowadays to watch a big boxing fight, but this one is a must.

• Paid Members

I’ll be staying up. Really looking forward to it. My sister is back in the UK for a bit, she works away most of the time so I don’t see her much. She used to be as big a fight fan as me, if not bigger, but she’s drifted away over the years. She wants to watch this though so she’s stopping at ours Saturday night. My brother might be over as well. The three of us used to watch Boxing on ITV on Saturday nights in the mid 90s, can’t remember the last time we were all together to watch a fight. Probably Lewis vs Tyson or something. So it’ll be like old times. I’m hoping to watch the fight then sneak off to bed before the kids get up. Leave Auntie and Uncle to deal with it. 

I had Fury winning the first one (which he blatantly did) and I think he'll win this one, but he'll have to be massively ahead by the end given the shitarse state of judging over in the US.

It really could go either way though, so it'll be another fascinating fight.

23 hours ago, wandshogun09 said:

I’ll be staying up. Really looking forward to it. My sister is back in the UK for a bit, she works away most of the time so I don’t see her much. She used to be as big a fight fan as me, if not bigger, but she’s drifted away over the years. She wants to watch this though so she’s stopping at ours Saturday night. My brother might be over as well. The three of us used to watch Boxing on ITV on Saturday nights in the mid 90s, can’t remember the last time we were all together to watch a fight. Probably Lewis vs Tyson or something. So it’ll be like old times. I’m hoping to watch the fight then sneak off to bed before the kids get up. Leave Auntie and Uncle to deal with it. 

It's the same for me, these big fights are a great way of spending time with my brother & close friends.

This goes way back to my youth with Bruno v Tyson (1st fight) probably being our first get together. I hope the fight lives up to expectations & you & your family have a really enjoyable night.

• Paid Members

I think the key for this fight is how much has Wilder learned from the 1st fight? Based on the evidence of his previous fights I'd have to say not much. Wilder knows he has tremendous power but his actual boxing skills never seem to have improved. I know up until the 1st fight he hasn't needed to box, but now he is faced with one of the best technical heavyweights of all time. 

Team Wilder wanted Fury at the time of the first because they knew he wasn't ready. This time Fury will have improved but Wilder won't have. For me Fury wins by late stoppage. 

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Egg Shen said:

I think i actually had the first fight a draw myself, might have had Tyson by a round. I'll have to go back in the boxing thread.

I honestly don’t get how anyone legitimately had it a draw. You’d have had to give Wilder another 3 rounds, on top of the two knockdown rounds for it to be scored even. I don’t know where those extra rounds would come from. You’d have to be actively looking for reasons to favour Wilder and even then I can’t see how he takes 5 of the 12 rounds. It was an outright robbery for me and I’m always hesitant to call a fight a robbery. 

• Paid Members

Can Fury really win this thing if it goes to the cards? I gave Wilder two rounds the last time out, one of them as a 10-8. 117-110 for me. Fury can obviously outbox him all day long, and even if he avoids the sledgehammer blow from Wilder and it goes to the cards again, he may still end up not walking away with a decision from the judges. Fury probably has to stop him. 

I'm not so sure Tyson avoids one of those killer rights from Wilder for the full twelve, but if he can get up from it again and come back at Wilder then that might just suck all the confidence out of Deontay. 

Really looking forward to it, it'll be edge of the seat stuff. 

• Paid Members

Fury can win on points, it's not like he is fighting Canelo. 

Shitty points decisions can happen anywhere, we aren't immune to it over here. I thought Fury won the first fight, but if you really want to score it for Wilder the knockdowns do allow you to build a narrative that says he has done enough. You do have to want him to score it for him even then. 

• Paid Members

Thing is if it were a fighter who didn't have Wilder's KO power or the "champion's privilege", would two knockdowns be enough to overturn being outboxed for pretty much all of the match?

With that kind of dodgy scoring, they should be giving Fury points for being the first man to get up from a Wilder nuke.

On 2/17/2020 at 8:12 PM, wandshogun09 said:

Lovely post mate. Reminds me of staying up to watch highlights of Benn vs Eubank with my Mum and Dad (him a Benn fan, her a Eubank fan; no wonder they divorced).

Then a bit later fond memories of this eccentric old boy on the estate, Johnny, who was the only one with Sky (seemingly a dish off of Del Boy when he’s flogging them; fucking massive it was) who would either let us all watch round his or tape it and give us fights first thing Monday morning. 

He had 100s of tapes and was the most informed man I’ve ever met when it came to boxing.

He cried when Tyson bit Holyfield as to him it shone a bad light on boxing. That’s how much it meant to him.

Great days