The Greatest Hour in Television History

PowerButchi

• Moderators

Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you a 1990 Yorkshire Television documentary about a fucking psycho called Paul Sykes.

While C21st documentaries about "Villains" are cringe worthy and full of cockneys going on about "I'm ard, are you 'ard?", this is absolutely fucking hilarious.

Paul Sykes is dead now, by the end he had kids pissing on him in shop doorways.

But that aside, this is fucking funnier than anything, even to the point Reeves and Mortimer have based a character off a man called Dennis Flint who turns up. He's almost as comical as the leather looking ladies who sing at a fundraiser to raise money for the psycho to start a youth club.

Watch, discuss.

If I could back and change one thing in my life, it would be to go back to my A level Drama class and give this as my exam monologue. It’s fucking Pinter-esque.

”It’s...sharks”

Just in case anyone doesn’t have an hour to watch the whole thing 

Edited by SuperBacon
Not shark infested...

• Paid Members

That documentary is legendary around my way, but apart from the "shark" bit 'Bacon has linked to, I've never seen it all the way through. That is now my Thursday night sorted!

"...punch em right in the fucking ear 'ole and they fuck off!"

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Chest Rockwell said:

I am also excited to watch this after having watched the teaser clip.

This is how you run a film club, @Devon Malcolm

I've never run a film club but if I did it would only be open to artisan film ponces with discerning taste, not wrestling fans.

• Moderators
12 hours ago, Egg Shen said:

theres a couple of books written about the bloke out there, as well as an autobiography i think.

His autobiography (no ghost writer folks) won the Koestler Prize.   He has such a way with words. Going on about how his dad is so thick he would come home with dog shit on his shoes at least twice a week (26.40 piece to canera) is a hell of a line. 

Edited by PowerButchi

• Paid Members

I watched the full thing last night, and it lived up to the hype!

What a full on lunatic. I felt sorry for his wife though, as she looked absolulty terrified(and rightly so)!

The "...punch em in the ear and they'll fuck off" line might be one of the greatest all off time though...