Sign in to follow this  
wandshogun09

UFC 248: Adesanya vs Romero - Mar 7 🇺🇸

Who wins and how?   

10 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Dana announced that on or off the card Cannonier will weigh in as a potential stand in for Yoel Romero on the night given any weight issues.

I really like Cannonier and he’d deserve the shot more than anyone. But I’ll be fucking gutted if Yoel cocks this up and misses weight again. Especially if it means he doesn’t even end up fighting Adesanya at all because of it. 

That's another problem with Yoel getting the shot- there's the 2 fight losing streak, even if some people think they weren't proper losses. But say he makes weight for this one. Say he smashes Adesanya- which is absolutely a possibility. What if he becomes champion, and then fails to make weight for his championship defences? Has that ever happened with a defending champion? I know challengers in title fights have failed to make weight in the past, but I've never heard of it happening with the champ.

Edited by Shane O' Mac Version 2

12 hours ago, Shane O' Mac Version 2 said:

That's another problem with Yoel getting the shot- there's the 2 fight losing streak, even if some people think they weren't proper losses. But say he makes weight for this one. Say he smashes Adesanya- which is absolutely a possibility. What if he becomes champion, and then fails to make weight for his championship defences? Has that ever happened with a defending champion? I know challengers in title fights have failed to make weight in the past, but I've never heard of it happening with the champ.

Not in the UFC. At least not officially. There was towel-gate with DC when he fought Rumble, and decimal-gate with GSP when he fought Diaz. 

Paulo Filho missed weight as WEC Champion years ago. That's the most notable example I can think of.  

Edited by jimufctna24