UFC 248: Adesanya vs Romero - Mar 7 🇺🇸

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?   

15 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Paid Members

I really like Cannonier and he’d deserve the shot more than anyone. But I’ll be fucking gutted if Yoel cocks this up and misses weight again. Especially if it means he doesn’t even end up fighting Adesanya at all because of it. 

That's another problem with Yoel getting the shot- there's the 2 fight losing streak, even if some people think they weren't proper losses. But say he makes weight for this one. Say he smashes Adesanya- which is absolutely a possibility. What if he becomes champion, and then fails to make weight for his championship defences? Has that ever happened with a defending champion? I know challengers in title fights have failed to make weight in the past, but I've never heard of it happening with the champ.

Edited by Shane O' Mac Version 2

12 hours ago, Shane O' Mac Version 2 said:

That's another problem with Yoel getting the shot- there's the 2 fight losing streak, even if some people think they weren't proper losses. But say he makes weight for this one. Say he smashes Adesanya- which is absolutely a possibility. What if he becomes champion, and then fails to make weight for his championship defences? Has that ever happened with a defending champion? I know challengers in title fights have failed to make weight in the past, but I've never heard of it happening with the champ.

Not in the UFC. At least not officially. There was towel-gate with DC when he fought Rumble, and decimal-gate with GSP when he fought Diaz. 

Paulo Filho missed weight as WEC Champion years ago. That's the most notable example I can think of.  

Edited by jimufctna24

• Paid Members

The card has been finalised. This is how the bout order lines up...

PPV:
Israel Adesanya vs Yoel Romero - Middleweight Title

Zhang Weili vs Joanna Jedrzejczyk - Strawweight Title

Beneil Dariush vs Drakkar Klose 

Neil Magny vs Li Jingliang 

Alex Oliveira vs Max Griffin 

ESPN:
Sean O’Malley vs Jose Alberto Quiñónez 

Mark Madsen vs Austin Hubbard 

Rodolfo Vieira vs Saparbek Safarov 

Deron Winn vs Gerald Meerschaert 

ESPN+/FIGHT PASS:
Polyana Viana vs Emily Whitmire 

Movsar Evloev vs Jamall Emmers 

Guido Cannetti vs Danaa Batgerel 

This card definitely lost something with Brunson vs Shahbazyan getting pushed back to the Portland show in April. Plus that rumoured Cannonier vs Till fight not coming together. Those two fights on the PPV would’ve pushed this card into truly stacked territory for me. I still really like this though. I’m buzzing for the two title fights. Then you’ve got two real sleeper fights in Dariush vs Klose and Cowboy vs Griffin. Sean O’Malley is back in there. Then there’s the Madsen and Vieira fights, two serious prospects who have all the potential to be breakout guys this year. It’s easily the strongest of the PPVs we’ve had so far in 2020. 

The last few years of the UFC have made me scared of getting overly hyped for any fight until the weekend of the fight, and even that isn't always a sure thing anymore. Last minute pull-outs have destroyed so many cards.

Adesanya vs. Romero is one of my more anticipated fights in a long time, though. I genuinely have no idea who wins. Adesanya putting on a striking clinic for 25 minutes and Romero sparking him with a flying knee in the third both seem equally possible. And the undercard is still pretty good. Joanna vs. Zhang is a great co-main, also Magny vs. Jingliang should be a sleeper hit. And Suga Sean!