Bellator Dublin/240 - McCourt vs. Ruis (Feb. 22nd)

Egg Shen

• Paid Members

a day after 239 so i thought id get this up.

BES07_mccourt_v_ruis_1920x1080_tunein_ap

Absolute marathon card. Confusingly split into 2 main cards and then a prelim portion. If i remember correctly The Dublin (Gallagher/Ellenor) section will air live on Channel 5, the earlier in the night 240 card will air on a tape delay on Sky. I'll update that closer to the date but its a bit of a pain in the arsehole.

Bellator Dublin:

Leah McCourt vs. Judith Ruis

Charlie Ward vs. Kyle Gurtz

Aaron Chalmers vs. Austin Clem

Bellator 240:

Brent Primus vs. Chris Bunguard

Kiefer Crosby vs. Iamik Furtado

Oliver Enkamp vs. Lewis Long

Bec Rawlings vs. Elina Kallionidou

Prelims:

Paul Redmond vs. Georgi Karakhanyan

Ricky Bandejas vs. Frans Malambo

now there's another 10 prelims, but ive just listed the top two which are fights that deserve to be on one of the main cards and that i will be checking out.

I'll add little fight previews over the next couple of weeks if i get chance, i just knocked this up whilst i was taking a shit. In the majority of cases here im familiar with one guy in each fight rather than both so it makes it difficult to make give any real thoughts on it. What i do know is that these Irish cards are great fun to watch with a red hot atmosphere.

If you want a great insight going in i recommend listening to Petesy Carroll's Eurobash for the next few week, being primarily Irish based they always have guests on and will likely shine more of a light on the fighters you may not be familiar with.

Edited by Egg Shen

• Paid Members

Yeah, Enkamp had a brief stint in the UFC not too long ago as well but I don’t recall him doing too well. Without being arsed enough to check, I have vague memories of someone sparking him.

Never heard of Cal Ellenor but I’m 100% pulling for him here. Can’t fucking stand Gallagher. Or Charlie Ward actually. McGregor’s cronies all seem like really unlikable pricks. 

12 hours ago, wandshogun09 said:

Yeah, Enkamp had a brief stint in the UFC not too long ago as well but I don’t recall him doing too well. Without being arsed enough to check, I have vague memories of someone sparking him.

Enkamp went 0-2 in the UFC. It was Danny Roberts who KO'ed him. 

And aye, Gallagher can feck off. 

• Paid Members

A few are going spare alright, mainly because they won't even replace Gallagher with an opponent for Ellenor.
I mean, last time out, Queally and Gallagher had the "homeland hero" things going for them and by the time they came out every cunt was hammered and in party mode, but besides - maybe - Redmond, there's nobody really to get the crowd buzzing this time out.
Charlie Ward is just a horrible cunt by all accounts, so on that note, no doubt he'll have the poxy, horrific McG Toerag mob on full song, and Will Fleury - likeable as he is - always looks like that Irish lad who goes down to the pool area to leave his towels down on the sunbeds at 6am.

There's a lot of fights I'm personally looking forward to seeing on the "prelims", but for creating that "Oirish" atmosphere, the card has really taken a fierce hairy aping. More pull outs to come too, I would imagine. Just has that aura about it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

whats the story on Leah McCourt then? I know she's an SBG fighter and is obviously a very attractive, marketable woman, but to give her the main event slot over a bunch of established Irish MMA fighters seems a little bit of a weird move, especially as its the spotlight position on the Channel 5 portion and that she's just 3-1 as a pro.