Sign in to follow this  
Legace

Pre-1970 Brazilian Footage?

I'm looking for footage of Brazilian pro-wrestling from before the year 1970 that is known to exist, so far though all I've come across is this and a few similar clips:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ge0fnE6uGGw

Does anyone out there know if there's anything else in circulation or is what I linked above all there is?

Edited by Legace

UPDATE: I've decided to change the title of this topic from "Telecatch And Other Brazilian TV Footage?" to "Pre-1970 Brazilian Footage?". I'd like to try and find any Brazilian pro-wrestling footage from before the year 1970, in general, rather than limiting things to just TV footage. That means any newsreels or films that may exist too. If anyone knows of anything then please let me know!

Edited by Legace

Maybe just use the one thread on the subject that has had most traction so far rather than 4 separate ones? This one had the most responses:

3 hours ago, PunkStep said:

Maybe just use the one thread on the subject that has had most traction so far rather than 4 separate ones? This one had the most responses:

The other three topics aren't on the same subject as the one you linked though. One is on pre-1970 Argentinian pro-wrestling footage, one is on Telecatch in general and the other is on pre-1970 Brazilian pro-wrestling footage, and two of those topics have also gotten input from people, if they hadn't I'd say you have a point.

8 hours ago, Legace said:

The other three topics aren't on the same subject as the one you linked though. One is on pre-1970 Argentinian pro-wrestling footage, one is on Telecatch in general and the other is on pre-1970 Brazilian pro-wrestling footage, and two of those topics have also gotten input from people, if they hadn't I'd say you have a point.

Why not have a catch-all thread for rare and / or lost South American wrestling then? I can't imagine there are many experts on here or anywhere for your imminent 1960s Bolivian wrestling footage thread.

A sort of megathread, if you will. 

Ha I won't be doing a Bolivian topic don't worry. Although a megathread on South American wrestling could be a good idea. If someone else wants to make one, I'd gladly contribute, but for now I'm gonna stick with my individual ones. Let me explain why. In the topic PunkStep linked above, when I first started it, I asked the question "does anyone out there know of any pre-1970 Titanes en el Ring/Argentinian footage?" and got no response, so I started a topic dedicated to the subject, in that one, board member BomberPat suggested I contact former Titanes booker Martin Karadagian's daughter Paulina on Twitter, I hadn't thought of that myself and nobody had recommended it to me on my other thread, so I did so, and she gave me the answer I was looking for, if I hadn't made an individual topic on Argentinian wrestling I may never have gotten it. So there you go, by dedicating a topic to my question I got to the bottom of it, simple as that.

32 minutes ago, Frankie Crisp said:

That was Big Yellow Taxi by Joni Mitchell.

"Who had the best rings? Was it the Brazilians, the Bolivians or the Argentinians?"

On 3/21/2020 at 12:02 AM, Frankie Crisp said:

That was Big Yellow Taxi by Joni Mitchell.

On 3/21/2020 at 12:36 AM, SuperBacon said:

"Who had the best rings? Was it the Brazilians, the Bolivians or the Argentinians?"

I don't get it?