My brother in law informs me that the original Injustice:Gods Amongst Us and a few of the skin and costume packs are free on XBox Live until the 25th of the month. It's a fun little fighter. 

https://marketplace.xbox.com/en-GB/product/Injustice-Gods-Among-Us/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d80257520829

1 hour ago, jazzygeofferz said:

My brother in law informs me that the original Injustice:Gods Amongst Us and a few of the skin and costume packs are free on XBox Live until the 25th of the month. It's a fun little fighter. 

https://marketplace.xbox.com/en-GB/product/Injustice-Gods-Among-Us/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d80257520829

The Ultimate Edition is also currently free on the PS Store

Cheers for passing that across in regards to injustice I just grabbed it, I remember playing it years ago but can't fault it for free 

The story mode is really good in the way it lets you play as every character on the way through. 

While I was making some space on my PS4 today I also completely forgot that I own Blazblue Chronophantasma. 

The last proper fighter I played was mortal Kombat 11 which I really enjoyed, I haven't picked up the aftermath dlc as of yet though, I bought the ultimate edition and was quite annoyed that it wasn't included, anyone played that yet?

I am looking forward to playing through injustice again though, I know I did play through the story mode but can't remember it, how long is the storymode for it?

Anybody had a look at the ARMS/Smash Brothers announcement? Looks like an interesting character. A lot of stuff to learn with the different arms and weird spacing. 

Some of those Mii fighter costumes were interesting as well. Heihachi? Vault Boy? With Namco having been involved in the development of Smash I wouldn't be surprised if a Tekken character turned up in this round of DLC characters. Maybe Paul? 

The gimmick of swapping some extra models in for the characters in Spirits mode looks nice as well. That Cuphead/Megaman one is pretty cool. Shane it can't be done outside that mode, but I guess it could make it tricky to differentiate between a Mii Gunner Cuphead, and a Megaman Cuphead. 

16 minutes ago, jazzygeofferz said:

Anybody had a look at the ARMS/Smash Brothers announcement? Looks like an interesting character. A lot of stuff to learn with the different arms and weird spacing. 

Some of those Mii fighter costumes were interesting as well. Heihachi? Vault Boy? With Namco having been involved in the development of Smash I wouldn't be surprised if a Tekken character turned up in this round of DLC characters. Maybe Paul? 

The gimmick of swapping some extra models in for the characters in Spirits mode looks nice as well. That Cuphead/Megaman one is pretty cool. Shane it can't be done outside that mode, but I guess it could make it tricky to differentiate between a Mii Gunner Cuphead, and a Megaman Cuphead. 

Thought they looked really interesting! Not sure how I feel about them having no special moves but the gimmick fits the character.

Interesting that people have started dropping out of this year's Capcom Pro Tour now that it's moved online because of the pandemic. They've also banned the "grid" stage, presumably to try and showcase the stage they usually sell as premium price DLC for the year, but in an online environment, especially if there are some latency issues I can see a stage like the grid being good for helping with spacing etc. 

https://www.eventhubs.com/news/2020/jun/21/two-competitors-quit-during-top-8-cpt-online-street-fighter-5-event-citing-latency-issues/

Had a rampage through Tekken 3 on my emulator recently - holds up nicely although I'd forgotten about the absolute skullduggery of Tekken Force Mode. I'd been playing with a PS4 dual shock controller and I was this close >< to hurling it out of the window at the next passer, because using the d-pad for that mode was doing my brains in. Think GTA-Ambulance mission scales of frustration. And then when I'd finally cracked it and beaten it with Forest Law, I'd totally forgotten you have to beat it four times to unlock that mad old bastard Dr. Bosconovitch. I went back to the drawing board and switched to Hwoarang and quickly mastered his different kicking combinations and that got me over the line eventually. Still, hell of a game. When I was 10 I had the guidebook with all of the different button commands and also the character backstories - what a purchase. 

EDIT - Found the old guide on eBay. Forgot it even included guides for Tekken 1 & 2! I'm buying this again. 

501339730_Screenshot2020-06-26at12_39_25.thumb.png.b755acce5fc0f2b0db6d482bc1cf8332.png

Edited by Fatty Facesitter

I keep meaning to grab a copy of Tekken 5 for PS2 so I can finally have Tekkens 1, 2 & 3 in my possession, albeit ports of the arcade versions.

Aleays found it funny the way the guy says "chicken" whenever you pick up the chicken. 

Edited by jazzygeofferz

Waku Waku 7 finally turned up on PSN. I had a quick play last night. Forgot how brutal the difficulty gets about 4-5 fights in. That's Sunsoft fighting games for you. It's a breeze compared to Galaxy Fighters. Lots of fun with two players, surprisingly technical. 

I was going to say somebody needs to contact Visco about sticking Breakers and/or Breakers Revenge out, but then found an article saying that it is coming out this year. Hopefully not just in Japan. 

Edited by jazzygeofferz

EVO looks to have been cancelled following allegations against their vice president.

Capcom had announced they were pulling their games in light of the announcement and a lot of top players had also withdrawn including Sonic Fox.

There have also been some allegations against some members of the Smash Brothers community.

Soul Calibur 6 turned up on Game Pass recently. Might give it a bash. What's it like content wise, out of the box? I've avoided the latest Tekken because it was content light. Of course, it being ostensibly free would probably mitigate that. Of the fighters on Game Pass, what are the best single player experiences?