• Paid Members

Thought I'd finally start a thread about fighting games. Maybe discuss character preferences, arrange online or in person matches, tier lists etc. It might die on its arse.

If anyone wants to play online my XBox Live is JazzyGeofferz, my PSN is jazzygeofferz, and my Nintendo Friend code is SW-3315-2182-0829.

I own far too many fighting games to list here, and am not awful at them.

My love of fighting games started when as a kid I happened across a Street Fighter II machine in the arcade on one of those travelling fun fairs that turns up during the school holidays. I've got some  fond memories of heading down there with friends and playing winner stays on for hours on end. I don't know what it was about it, but I loved it from the off. I'm no framerate obsessive, so won't be troubling anybody at EVO anytime soon, but am at a level where I have some friends I can trade wins with.

Edited by jazzygeofferz

• Paid Members

I’m a big fan of fighting games, more so 90’s classics. We run fighting game tournaments at our events along with wrestling games and I knocked this up for our SF2 Turbo tournaments (old pic, it now has engraved plates relating to each tournament winner).

A32DC8AE-7325-4B57-B38C-27371F546AEA.thumb.jpeg.11648ca50f6aaa03b105b9c0f533bb6b.jpeg

I fell in love with Toshinden 2 when it came out, and was absolutely class using Chaos. It was his winning taunts that dragged me in. 
Was always a fan of MK2, probs my favourite from the line though 3 was probably better. I also really enjoyed MK Deception on PS2.

• Paid Members

Ultimate MK3 was insane, the input rrading ai was horrendous, but people speed run it now because of how it turns into an exercise in exploiting it. 

My all time favourite is probably Alpha 2 because Dan isn't a total joke character yet.

I also highly rate Waku Waku 7 for its looking like it should be some kind of kiddies' game, but is surprisingly technical, and in spite of its limited roster each character plays very differently, so there's something for everyone. 

I'd also recommend Breakers' Revenge. It's so well balanced. Great game to play. 

• Paid Members

I played a few games of Third Strike in an arcade on Piccadilly Gardens, and even managed to beat one of the randoms when they jumped on. 

They used to have a Capcom Vs SNK2 machine in there as well. That's such a good game. 

1 minute ago, jazzygeofferz said:

I played a few games of Third Strike in an arcade on Piccadilly Gardens, and even managed to beat one of the randoms when they jumped on. 

They used to have a Capcom Vs SNK2 machine in there as well. That's such a good game. 

Yea, I used to spend sometime there as that’s where they had the fighting game arcade machines, I remember CapVsSNK2 being on the far right, whilst Street Fighter IV was the big machine in the corner as you walked in, I remember getting there early during the week as all the machines had free play up til a certain point for some reason. 

I'm working my way through the MK11 tutorials at the moment to try and get the platinum trophy. It's only on the advanced tutorials when it's banging on about frame rate attacks and defences that I'm realising how in-depth it is. 

Tekken are still my favourite series, Bryan my fighter of choice.

• Paid Members

You can get as deep or as superficial as you want with them. I k ow about startup frames, active frames and recovery frames, but couldn't give you specific numbers. 

• Paid Members

I thought people regarded Tekken 3 as the best one? I really enjoyed Tekken 7. I need to try and obtain the season passes so I can see what the other characters are like. I used to love playing as Bryan Ferry, but am also enjoying playing as Leo. 

• Paid Members
5 hours ago, Onyx2 said:

Might want to watch that autocorrect there champ.

My mates and I call him that because that's what it sounds like the announcer is saying when you pick him. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Pardon the double post. 

Anybody seen this year's EVO lineup? That Marvel 2 20th anniversary tournament could be a great watch.

Has anyone played Granblue Fantasy Versus?