World’s Collide - NXT vs NXTUK

RIDDUM_N_STYLE

Thought it best to do a separate thread for this rather than clog up either brand’s thread

This is looking like being a cracking show tomorrow, unless there are any last minute announcements today or early tomorrow then this looks likely to be the final card

Pre-Show

Mia Yim vs Kay Lee Ray (NXTUK Women’s Champion)

Main Card

Finn Bálor vs Ilja Dragunov

DIY vs Moustache Mountain

NXT Cruiserweight Title

Angel Garza (c) vs Isiah Scott vs Jordan Devlin vs Travis Banks

NXT (Women’s) Title

Rhea Ripley (c) vs Toni Storm

Undisputed Era vs Imperium

As they aren’t doing the Dusty Classic final on this show, I wouldn’t be surprised if we see a singles match as a teaser for it between a member of each of the final 2 teams

• Awards Moderator

Incredible job by Drake Wuertz in the main event spotting that something had happened to Wolfe. Showed you just how important the ref really is.

The injury took the sails out of the main event a bit, understandably, but it was still a night of 5 good-to-very good matches. What I liked was that even though ‘Worlds Collide’ is meant to mean NXT vs NXT UK, it was a bit of a worldwide affair.

Match 1 - Ireland vs Russia

Match 2 - Mexico vs Ireland vs New Zealand vs USA

Match 3 - USA vs UK

Match 4 - Australia vs Australia

Match 5 - Austria, Germany and Italy vs USA and Canada

Makes a change from the days when WWE was almost entirely Americans, with the odd Canadian and a single Brit.

Has there been an update on Wolfe yet? The replays didn’t quite make it clear what had happened but it looked like Fish’s boot caught him somewhere on the side of the head. Again, incredible job by the referee.

Edited by HarmonicGenerator

• Paid Members

I’m only half way through the DIY match, but it’s been great so far and further hammers home how deep the talent pool is in this company. Imagine having Tyler Bate and Jordan Devlin on your secondary development brand. It’s absolutely insane that this company isn’t firing on all cylinders considering the guys they have at their disposal.

29 minutes ago, Supremo said:

I’m only half way through the DIY match, but it’s been great so far and further hammers home how deep the talent pool is in this company. Imagine having Tyler Bate and Jordan Devlin on your secondary development brand. It’s absolutely insane that this company isn’t firing on all cylinders considering the guys they have at their disposal.

Faact is if they just let guys talk without scripting promos, had classic heel v face booking and allowed people to organically flourish they could be in that place. Instead it's all so manufactured on the main roster. 

Was this the first time that Ilja Dragonov has wrestled in the US? Crowd didn’t seem to have a clue who he was for the most part.

Surely The could’ve had run through a Kona Reeves or someone of that ilk on this past week’s NXT so that they’d at least seen him. Progress did similar in the lead up to his match with Pete Dunne at the Wembley show. All you saw of him was a pull apart brawl, the rest was just assuming that everyone watches wXw.

Pete Dunnes shit on the mic at the best of times, don’t have him doing puns as well, fucking hell

Edited by WyattSheepMask

4 hours ago, TildeGuy~! said:

Dragunov didn’t have a clue in there with Balor did he? 

Nice to see Devlin pick up the win but other then that was a bit of a meh show.

Yeah I agree with this 100 percent dragunov not ready for the bigger stage I honestly thought him and Finn would have the match of the night but I was glued to the edge of my seat for the 4 way and it's nice to see Devlin pick up the win and the belt