Acceptable behaviour at live shows

Hannibal Scorch

23 minutes ago, Snitsky's back acne said:

Jimmy Carr says 'Hi'. 
In fact I've seen Russell Brand, Reginald D Hunter and Alan Carr also deal with heckles and they were fucking hilarious and added to the show. 

Constant heckles? Agreed, shut up, stop trying to get yourself over and let the comedian do their job. A couple of heckles? Hell, if the comedian can come back with a great put down then I'm laughing even more. 

Just stop please 

7 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

Just stop please 

You're reading into things that aren't there and making assumptions based on that [most likely in an attempt to get yourself over, I dunno].
Just stop, please.

Enjoying a comedian responding to heckles and being someone who enjoys heckling at shows are two different things.

Who brought up bloody stand-up comedy anyway!? It seemed like a good analogy at the time....

Edited by Snitsky's back acne

12 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

If you’re fed up of PC woke stuff ruining everything, @Astro Hollywood Is doing a retrospective on the pantos of Jim Davidson if you wish to relive the glory days of calling Bagga a racial slur but it not being racist. 

Yeah because thats exactly what I'm advocating... 

I've not once mentioned race in this thread yet it's been brought up several times. I've also not mentioned homophobia and that has also been brought up.

Now, do I think calling an overweight heel wrestler at an 18+ show a 'fat cunt' is acceptable? Yes. Do I have any issue with said wrestler calling me whatever they like in response? No.

'Not being PC' does not automatically equate to 'Racism/homophobia is acceptable' - there are some huge leaps being made by some people here.

2 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

Never said you did, you big snowflake. Just saying that some people might enjoy Astros musings. 

Ah, I was clearly mistaking the collective 'you' for the individual 'you' in this instance .. still, this shows how easy it is to misunderstand things when they are written down and lack the inflection of verbal discourse. 

• Paid Members
51 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

If you’re fed up of PC woke stuff ruining everything, @Astro Hollywood Is doing a retrospective on the pantos of Jim Davidson if you wish to relive the glory days of calling Bagga a racial slur but it not being racist. 

"Lord-Mountevans likes this"

• Paid Members
11 hours ago, Snitsky's back acne said:

You're assuming heckling automatically ruins a show. 

99% of the time it does. Most of the audience can't hear the heckle so it's just an inaudible noise. They're rarely funny at all as it's just a drunk bloke annoyed he's not getting enough attention & the act is just have their tried & tested material interrupted.

Hecklers are cunts. The vast majority of the time everyone in the room hates them but they don't have the self awareness to realise this fact. Does this resonate at all?

• Paid Members

as someone who's promoted wrestling shows, it's not about whether you "hurt the feelings" of the wrestlers in the ring. It's about whether the fat kid in the second row that's there for an escape, to watch his heroes after being bullied at school, particularly wants to be sat surrounded by people shouting "you fat cunt" (to use your example) at a wrestler in the ring. You can substitute "fat cunt" for an insult of the wrestler's race, gender, sexuality or anything else. I don't want fans at my shows to feel uncomfortable or unwelcome because certain "fans" think it's their God-given right to shout whatever the fuck they like, even if it's something that would be considered wholly unacceptable anywhere else.

And, again, if you can't come up with anything better than "you fat cunt", then it's probably better keeping your mouth shut anyway. I can hardly see the show or anyone else's enjoyment of it being improved by adding that degree of wit into the proceedings.