Acceptable behaviour at live shows

Hannibal Scorch

1 minute ago, Accident Prone said:

Using "I've had a tough week at the 9-5" is no excuse for shouting homophobic/transphobic/racist language at a wrestling show. I'd be really worried what these people are doing to their spouses and children during times when there wasn't a local wrestling show on. I'd definitely call them shitty people.

There's a big difference between "Booooo! You big cheating, lump! Boooooo!" and throwing around slurs.

....and I've not said otherwise so, again, go fuck yourself. 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Accident Prone said:

I hear the "Oh wrestling used to be somewhere you could let off steam after a hard week's work"  bollocks occasionally and I've never, ever bought it. It's a shit excuse for shit behaviour.

I mean I can of agree with that. If we’re talking about the wrestlers, not the fans though

14 minutes ago, wordsfromlee said:

People who heckle comedians are also massive cunts. It's not an 'unwritten rule' at all. 

As you said, if you don't like the comedian, don't go to the show. Don't heckle them. They're just trying to do their job to people who have paid to see them do it and not you try to heckle them because you think you're funnier than them.

The arguments taken a bit of a tangent but if I can reign it in and establish the point I was trying to make... 

At a wrestling event where the heels draw heat by swearing, shouting, antagonising the crowd in adult ways, the response from fans is entitled to be similar. At a family event it is not. 

Pro wrestlers should be capable of knowing their audience and performing accordingly and adult fans should be able to understand the type of wrestling show they're at. 

Ultimately for me the so called pro wrestler should be able to defuse a situation with a fan before it gets out of hand without making further trouble and being a massive mark for themselves. That's not often the case. Although fans are not always blameless that being said. 

Edited by LEGIT

If I was going to progress or icw I’d expect their to be a risk of the wrestlers entering the crowd and it’s on me to move. Given these days my shows I attend are more family aimed, I personally have no time for those who try and act as fans like it’s an adult show, shouting swear words, cheering the bad guys and going against what the shows trying to do. Special mention for anyone who starts chanting “you can’t wrestle”. 

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, Louch said:

If I was going to progress or icw I’d expect their to be a risk of the wrestlers entering the crowd and it’s on me to move. Given these days my shows I attend are more family aimed, I personally have no time for those who try and act as fans like it’s an adult show, shouting swear words, cheering the bad guys and going against what the shows trying to do. Special mention for anyone who starts chanting “you can’t wrestle”. 

The original point remains. Whether you expect it or not, if people are in danger of getting hurt, wait until they move or don’t do a spot. I’ve never watched progress. A friend suggested us going to a show as an excuse to meet and catch up. I’ve now been to 3 shows, the last had a similar spot. I had no idea they would do things like that until they did a spot. You can’t assume everyone will Be aware or even know what to do. That’s my issue with it

4 minutes ago, Accident Prone said:

Huh, this again. Weird how you only resort to this when you're in the wrong but that's what people like you usually do. 

Please show me where I said that 'Having a bad week at work' was an acceptable excuse for racism/homophobia/transphobia or 'throwing around slurs' as you stated. 

Edited by Snitsky's back acne

Back to fans being caught in the middle.

Stardom (and other promotions) do a good job of controlling things. There's always a bunch of wrestlers around the ring and they instruct fans to move when someone is going to dive, also the ring announcer instructs fans over the mic to get out of the way during ringside brawls.

Fucking simple.

• Paid Members
8 minutes ago, Snitsky's back acne said:

Please show me where I said that 'Having a bad week at work' was an acceptable excuse for racism/homophobia/transphobia or 'throwing around slurs' as you stated. 

Why else would you take the stance in the first place? No one is complaining about fans booing or calling the bad guys gits, but you've come in here shouting and hollering about PC culture (massive red light, btw). What are you ranting about then? Because you're either ranting about a non-existent issue OR you're moaning about not being able to call the bad guys gay-boys.

Edited by Accident Prone

• Paid Members
37 minutes ago, Snitsky's back acne said:

A comedian goes on stage knowing/expecting to be heckled and they have the 'power' to fire back. Same as wrestling.
It's an unwritten 'rule' when you go to a comedy club that these things will likely happen.

Comedy clubs I've been to actually did have a written rule on heckling, which is do it and get kicked out.