Acceptable behaviour at live shows

Hannibal Scorch

• Paid Members

@Snitsky's back acne I know it’s me saying this but, that’s one of the weirdest explanations for behaving like a dickhead at wrestling show I’ve ever seen.

wrestling, or any form of live entertainment, is an escape from your everyday life, but that doesn’t give me a behave like a cunt card. 

I can’t even begin to decipher your orgy analogy. 

1 minute ago, WyattSheepMask said:

Wrestling is low brow, but that’s not some get out of jail card for someone to be a dick.

Yeah it is. It always was. I've lost count of the amount of shows I went to where fans would yell the WORST things at the wrestlers and the wrestlers would call the fans the WORST things. It was, rightly or wrongly, accepted as being part of going to a wrestling show. If somebody said something offensive to a wrestler the wrestler would say something equally or more offensive back. 

1 minute ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

I can’t even begin to decipher your orgy analogy. 

I didnt think it was that difficult to comprehend in fairness.
If you go to a nightclub and get offended that there are people drinking and swearing - don't go the nightclub. Don't expect the nightclub to change. 
Same with wrestling. It was understood that the wrestlers would get heckled, the heels in particular were the living embodiment of some trigger stereotype and were intended to provoke a reaction - arrogant dick, cowardly shit etc - some things that were said would be un-PC, whether that be by a wrestler or fan. Going 'well it's the wrestling that should change!' is like expecting the orgy to go 'Okay can everyone just stop fucking for a minute and sing 'Kumbaya' instead, thanks'. 

• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, Snitsky's back acne said:

I didnt think it was that difficult to comprehend in fairness.
If you go to a nightclub and get offended that there are people drinking and swearing - don't go the nightclub. Don't expect the nightclub to change. 

Oh no, I mean I GOT IT, just, it was fucking stupid. We’re talking about a wrestler getting thrown into people. That’s not what most go to wrestling for. Still, you’re in good company 

And now I understand why people hate Progress fans. However I’ve met a few people who aren’t twats, but also some absolute dregs during the 3 shows I’ve seen

DB589B11-3809-4AF6-B162-0011DB4C99F8.png

62BFB1B7-141E-46A3-ABF8-DD5315B89464.png

2 hours ago, Snitsky's back acne said:

Yeah it is. It always was. I've lost count of the amount of shows I went to where fans would yell the WORST things at the wrestlers and the wrestlers would call the fans the WORST things. It was, rightly or wrongly, accepted as being part of going to a wrestling show. If somebody said something offensive to a wrestler the wrestler would say something equally or more offensive back. 

Some people also think that going to the Football and making Monkey noises at black players is an accepted part of going to a match. It’s not, because people that think that are daft knuckle-dragging cunts.

I went to an NGW show a couple of years back, and someone shouted or a wrestler (I can’t remember who) to hit Amir Jordan. You know how they did it? (Spoilered for language)

Hit the Paki!

This person was rightly removed from the show. But that would’ve been acceptable 10 years ago....in 2010, when you could call someone a cunt and just laugh it off with “I’ve paid my money, I can do what I want!”

Edited by WyattSheepMask

1 minute ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

Oh no, I mean I GOT IT, just, it was fucking stupid.

Fair enough. You're entitled to feel that way.
I'm not saying anyone should go to a show expecting a wrestler to land on them but, hey, there's a reason I personally never sit/stand front row.

1 minute ago, SuperBacon said:

You 100% call people snowflakes and say “triggered” don’t you 

No, but if it makes it easier for you to get your head around what I'm saying by believing that I do then go for it. 

• Paid Members

No one is saying you can't heckle the wrestlers. But if the best you can come up with is to insult their race, gender or sexuality, then your heckle wasn't worth hearing in the first place.

Attack their character, their actions and their motivations, fine. But I'm not losing any sleep over not seeing babyfaces get the crowd to chant "faggot" any more,