• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thoughts are with Tilde in this tough time. 

Thoughts are with Tilde in this tough time.   

In the days of TV being far more influential in terms of celebrity, I could never see the appeal (money aside) from being, or seeking to be, famous. Now that the glass TV screen that separates th

Posted Images

On 9/10/2020 at 7:27 PM, cobra_gordo said:

She was probably one of my favourite things about Game Of Thrones and easily had the most triumphant ending. I don't think any other actress could have done that scene anywhere near the justice she did.

She was bad-ass in that however lets not forget that she also let Daniel Radcliffe flick a condom onto her head.
Legend

On 9/11/2020 at 1:55 AM, PowerButchi said:

You won't like this post then sorry bud. 

So sorry to Lance Storm it, but balls to Alan Minter

Sorry, Butch I zoned out and hadn't realised it was a direct reply to my post.

Do we need an "Embarrassing shit our heroes said" thread?

Being 6 at the time of his winning the world title I wasn't watching the fights or aware of the racial aspect of the build up. I just heard that Britain had a world champion and "huzzah!"

That's the place my post came from, and I've never looked more closely into it, so that article was a really interesting read. Thanks for sharing.

As for the "I got smacked in the head for 15 rounds and it didn't do me any harm" bollocks. It's just an old bloke telling everyone it was better in his day. Shame.

• 2 weeks later...

Michael Lonsdale, probably best known as Bond Villain Hugo Drax in Moonraker has died. A brilliant actor whose work often goes under the radar. If you haven’t seen Of Gods And Men, get on it. 

20 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

Michael Lonsdale, probably best known as Bond Villain Hugo Drax in Moonraker has died. A brilliant actor whose work often goes under the radar. If you haven’t seen Of Gods And Men, get on it. 

He's also fantastic as Man Painting Tiny Soldiers Whilst Talking To Robert De Niro And Jean Reno in Ronin. 

7 hours ago, Keith Houchen said:

One of my favourite movies of all time is The Day of the Jackal starring Lonsdale as the detective Claude Lebel hunting down the Jackal. I think it's his best English speaking role as he plays it without the usual high drama that on-screen detectives of that era would have to ham up. Also as mentioned, his short part in Ronin was magnified by his presence alone. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Clark Middleton, know to us mostly from The Blacklist has died aged 63.  Always a highlight when he was in an episode.

• Paid Members
54 minutes ago, Thunderplex said:

Clark Middleton, know to us mostly from The Blacklist has died aged 63.  Always a highlight when he was in an episode.

Ah that's shit. The Blacklist has been pretty rubbish for a couple of seasons but he's always great when he's in it.

• Paid Members
Posted (edited)

The best, man. Reinvented the way you play guitar. The fact that there is a whole genre of music of people thinking they are as good as him says it all. Even KISS brought in a speed guitarist just to bite off his act (and ultimately got rid when his hands swelled up.)

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

When I was a kid I listened to 90s teen "punk" music. I then discovered Van Halen and thought what the fuck am I listening too. These other guys can't play guitar for shit. Made me look into other 80s metal bands. This man was so talented that his guitar playing hid how shit David Lee Roth is.