seph

2020 Celebrity Death Thread

@gmoney It took me quite a while to be fully "in", but once you are it's amazing. 

Tarred and Feathered is probably the more extreme end of their style, but the again it's also really accurate. I love how apologetically weird they are. It's such a unique sound and their look and feel as a band evolved so much. 

Is This The Life is probably the most conventional thing they released, and it's brilliant. 

But Tim Smith was more than just Cardiacs, he wrote some amazing other stuff for various bands, produced albums for The Wildhearts among others, and created Spratley's Japs with Jo Spratley, which is something so otherworldly that I get lost in my own head listening to it. 

Regis Philbin has died aged 88 from a suspected heart attack. He was one of the celeb guests at Wrestlemania 7 and the first host of the US version of Millionaire

Regis was also one of the few celebrities who did it to promote the business and not to get his face on camera or a payday. He always had wrestlers on, even when the mainstream dumped them from 92-97.

1 hour ago, Devon Malcolm said:

On Regis Philbin, this is great.

Useless trivia for the day- That’s guys name is John Carpenter, and while he’s never directed a movie, he turns up in the 4th season of Oz as a contestant on Up Your Ante

John Saxon, from one of my favourite films, "Enter the Dragon", has passed away 

5e6be1f45bb85c4b6ccfe0a669c5b62b.jpg

Edited by Ralphy

35 minutes ago, Ralphy said:

John Saxon, from one of my favourite films, "Enter the Dragon", has passed away 

5e6be1f45bb85c4b6ccfe0a669c5b62b.jpg

Which one is he?

Sad to hear about John Saxon, I've had a man crush on him since I was a small kid. Still, anyone would be lucky to be that good looking and live that long.

Olivia de Havilland died yesterday (at 104!) and it's almost beyond comprehension that her debut was in 1935.