seph

2020 Celebrity Death Thread

U.S. actor Jack Kehoe.  He passed away back in January at the age of 85, but seeing him pop up in the Midnight Run, which I watched this evening and instantly recognizing him from The Sting, prompted me to Google him.  According to wiki practically disappeared from public life after David Fincher's The Game in 1997 and gave few interviews during his career.

PRI_124690034.jpg?quality=90&strip=all&z

On reading more about Midnight Run was shocked to find out that Danielle DeClos (who plays DeNiro's daughter in the film) is now 45!

Edited by Magnum Milano

Yeah, a terrific character actor, a very recognisable name and face, and in two of my favourite films as well.

Gen's passing is a tough one to talk about after reading Cosey's book, they meant so much to me during the formative years of me finding art outside of the metal/punk scenes but the physical, psychological and emotional abuse allegations from the book on top of lots of other claims over the years just left a real sour taste in my mouth.

Echo the love for Roy Hudd, I was a big fan of the News Huddlines in the late 80s/early 90s. Sad one, but he leaves a great legacy.

Ugh, I've just realised this thread is probably going to get really busy in the next few months.

5 minutes ago, Lion_of_the_Midlands said:

That sounds like a threat. 

Anything happens to anyone in the next few months we know who to blame

On 3/15/2020 at 11:24 AM, Merzbow said:

Gen's passing is a tough one to talk about after reading Cosey's book, they meant so much to me during the formative years of me finding art outside of the metal/punk scenes but the physical, psychological and emotional abuse allegations from the book on top of lots of other claims over the years just left a real sour taste in my mouth.

yeah, it's difficult to really look at Genesis with much sympathy, when it's pretty clear they were a bit of a monster, all told. 

As much as Throbbing Gristle were a bit of a gateway drug for me to all kinds of other interesting music, and I'm gutted I never saw them live - was due to, but the show was cancelled after Sleazy Christopherson passed away - I think any affection I have for them has been solidly directed toward Cosey more than Genesis for some years now.