Which wrestling companies will survive the 2020s?

RedRooster

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Briefcase said:

Without trying to sound morbid Vince may not live out the next decade, feels like he has aged a lot the last few years so WWE could be at risk if/when it does happen

Even if he is still alive he'll be 85 by 2030, I can't see him being up to it for that much longer surely. As mental and workaholic as he's said to be could a public company be able to keep a man in his mid 80s running officially as CEO?

It's wrestling so nothing would surprise me, but when he's got to stop booking meetings every 15 minutes to go and take a piss and walks to the ring on Raw before forgetting what he went there for perhaps there'll be some pressure to move him out to pasture. 

59 minutes ago, Tommy! said:

Even if he is still alive he'll be 85 by 2030, I can't see him being up to it for that much longer surely. As mental and workaholic as he's said to be could a public company be able to keep a man in his mid 80s running officially as CEO?

It's wrestling so nothing would surprise me, but when he's got to stop booking meetings every 15 minutes to go and take a piss and walks to the ring on Raw before forgetting what he went there for perhaps there'll be some pressure to move him out to pasture. 

Age hasn’t set Rupert Murdoch back, he’s just as destructive to society as he ever was.

If their perception is that Vince McMahon is doing a good job then he won’t be going anywhere. And in this case, ‘good job’ is defined by how much money he’s making, not by the quality of his television shows. 

When he dies (...or if) WWE will surely have a damage control strategy in place to ensure they don’t take a big financial hit. It’s not even worth debating whether or not WWE will die with Vince though, it won’t. 

Remember a few years back when Vince 'sold' Raw to Donald Trump and the share price dropped? If Vince is still officially CEO when he pops off this mortal coil, the share price could plummet. My shout is he becomes more of a ceremonial head, Life President or some such to try and mitigate it.