Recommend an obscurity

Devon Malcolm

• Paid Members

One of my favourite albums of all time is Sounds From the Gulf Stream by Marine Research. Queen B got a fair bit of play on Radio 1 around its release and it used to get a lot of play on MTV, which dates both me and it.

Here's the full YouTube playlist:-

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_m5p1IXoPR3NbKdK3RpMQ-OA2NjyHVmv4U

Just now, Devon Malcolm said:

One of my favourite albums of all time is Sounds From the Gulf Stream by Marine Research. Queen B got a fair bit of play on Radio 1 around its release and it used to get a lot of play on MTV, which dates both me and it.

Here's the full YouTube playlist:-

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_m5p1IXoPR3NbKdK3RpMQ-OA2NjyHVmv4U

Yeah, that's a great album.  Pretty sure it got a fair bit of play on John Peel's show and that's where I first heard it and subsequently picked it up.  So much of my taste is inspired from listening to his shows at the time, listening to old shows online, Festive Fifties etc.

IMG-20200111-173831.jpg

Edited by Magnum Milano

• Paid Members
10 minutes ago, Meej81 said:

I’ve always found some flavours of crisp quite obscure 

Thanks for that contribution to the thread.

One from me is The Late Shift. An HBO movie from around 1995 ish about the Tonight Show war between Letterman and Leno when Johnny Carson retires. I found the whole thing really interesting and definitely worth a look. It was released on DVD years ago. Not sure if it’s still in print as not seen it in years.

• Paid Members
10 hours ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

One from me is The Late Shift. An HBO movie from around 1995 ish about the Tonight Show war between Letterman and Leno when Johnny Carson retires. I found the whole thing really interesting and definitely worth a look. It was released on DVD years ago. Not sure if it’s still in print as not seen it in years.

I remember that, I was a huge letterman fan as a teen and he used to always slag off the film for the "red wig" the actor portraying him was wearing. The book it's based on was a pretty good read at the time too.

Edited by Bellenda Carlisle

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Mr_Danger said:

Is it always kale or do some use proper seaweed? Her indoors got some dry sheets of the stuff once and it tatsted glorious in a Chicken and Sweetcorn Pot Noodle.

Nah, the stuff in Chinese takeaways is usually shredded cabbage dyed deep green, deep fried with a bit of sugar.