UFC 246: McGregor vs Cerrone - Jan 18 🇺🇸

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?   

24 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Paid Members

It is quality, isn’t it? I know we’re kind of biased because Matrix is one of our own but I honestly think that’s the best one I’ve seen yet. 

Begs the question though, if someone can knock something that good up just fucking about at work to pass the time, what exactly are the UFC marketing department playing at with their ‘weak as piss’ (Bisping™️) effort? 

• Paid Members

Thank you guys, not had much fun this week at all, and whilst i'm up to my eyeballs at the minute, I just couldn't focus on anything, so the discussion in here was a welcome distraction and the story just kind of told itself.

Feel free to give it a share @Egg Shen

https://twitter.com/LetsBeWater/status/1207692950546898945/photo/1

7 hours ago, wandshogun09 said:

Begs the question though, if someone can knock something that good up just fucking about at work to pass the time, what exactly are the UFC marketing department playing at with their ‘weak as piss’ (Bisping™️) effort? 

The marketing department will only be producing what they've been told to. They're probably as disillusioned with the shit they're being asked to produce as well.

• Paid Members

Has anyone tried Proper Twelve and actually liked it. My cousins and a few friends in Ireland said it’s rank. A mate here in Birmingham said the same. Seems only people fishing for a retweet off the OAP puncher say they like it. Seen this just now as well. Her face in the last tweet 😂 

6B6E66C3-0E85-47C3-A0C9-70E44373B9C1.jpeg

B35EA054-A8E5-40AA-8738-E20731AD5A80.jpeg

8238B819-C6DB-4A0E-82F1-1BBCF72E02B4.jpeg

• Paid Members

There probably is some of that. My one cousin loved Conor at the time he tried it though and he said it was proper disappointing (see what I did there?). Just like this fight, I’m never going to pay money for it but I’ll try it if someone offers me it. Don’t want to turn it down and get a smack now, do I? 

Doesn’t feel like this fight is less than a month away, does it? I know we haven’t hit the real hype period yet but I had to remind myself how close this was. After Christmas and New Year, things will pick up but it’s mad to think this is under 4 weeks away now. 

• Paid Members

I'm more of a whisky guy, but I do like Irish whiskey too, so I'm intrigued enough to want to try Proper Twelve at the very least. Recently there's been a little bit of a sub-trend in making Irish whiskeys that taste smoky and peaty like Islay malts (like Connemara), and I'm wondering if that's what he's gone for.

I'm looking forward to McGregor's return more than your average UFC show. 

But aye, it's not an event I am counting down the days until. There are potentially far more exciting things going on in MMA next year. The most notable, of course, being Khabib vs Ferguson. 

Edited by jimufctna24

• Paid Members
57 minutes ago, Egg Shen said:

is this fight still to have a co-main event added? Pettis/Ferreira was listed as the first fight of the night on the graphic they showed on the Edgar/Zombie card.

I went off MMA Junkie’s bout order when I knocked the opening post up. It’s changed now though and Junkie has Holm vs Pennington 2 in what would be the co-main spot currently. Fucking Holm vs Pennington. I know they’re relying on McGregor’s name but surely that won’t end up as co-main. That said, it’s late in the day to be adding anything of much significance now.