UFC 246: McGregor vs Cerrone - Jan 18 🇺🇸

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?   

24 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

12 hours ago, Carbomb said:

One of the many souls taken by Lawler. 

Was a bit shit as a personality, though, wasn't he? Looked like a crap Damien Sandow too.

Aye, he had a Tim Sylvia vibe about him. 

One reason for his decline was that USADA banned IV bags, which made it harder for him to cut weight. His natural weight was somewhere in the region of 210lbs. By contrast, GSP's natural weight was around 190lbs. Therefore, it became difficult for Hendricks to make the welterweight limit. He even missed weight once when fighting at 185lbs. 

Edited by jimufctna24

• Paid Members

I aint sure how he's doing, dont hear anything out of him. I know his resteraunt business venture was a disaster though. I always thought the bare knuckle thing might have had soemthing to do with that falling apart. He's coaching wrestling according to wiki.

• Paid Members

I’m not even sure about Hendricks’ ‘big left hand’. Everyone remembers the Fitch and Kampmann knockouts and they were impressive. But after the Kampmann KO in late 2012, he never knocked anyone out again. And he fought until 2017. I don’t know how lethal that left was. It certainly seemed it around the time of those two knockouts but in hindsight was it a case of lightning actually striking twice in the same porky hillbilly’s hand? He clearly had some power but I think those two wins gave a distorted perception of him as some KO machine after that. And he never was again. 

• Paid Members

Yeh it almost became a bit of a myth in terms of results. There's no denying the threat was though and opponents knowing Hendricks had a dangerous weapon in his left hand still led to him having success. Few could outwrestle him and technically better strikers were less effective because they were afraid of that left hand. He also had some barnburners before his rapid decline.

Here's an interesting little tidbit from the MMAFighting live chat:

Sounds there like the situation really got to Cowboy. In the lead upto the fight I heard a few stories of how nervous he gets before fights and how he second guesses himself. Its strange because its so at odds with the image of the thrill seeker that lives to fight. Those types of feelings had to have been magnified massively Saturday night, and he was fighting a guy who thrives under that type of pressure, it was always gonna be a bad night for Cowboy.

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, Egg Shen said:

Yeh it almost became a bit of a myth in terms of results. There's no denying the threat was though and opponents knowing Hendricks had a dangerous weapon in his left hand still led to him having success. Few could outwrestle him and technically better strikers were less effective because they were afraid of that left hand. He also had some barnburners before his rapid decline.

Yeah, he did. The Lawler fights are the obvious standouts but I also loved his fight with Condit. The GSP fight was really good as well. And even from early in his UFC run, I have vague memories of really enjoying the TJ Grant and Charlie Brenneman fights as well. I could never stand him but I have to give him his due. He was great to watch before his career nosedived/USADA came in.

Looking back, you can almost pinpoint exactly where he declined. I don’t think he was ever the same after that 4 fight stretch where it went Condit, St Pierre, Lawler, Lawler. Those were all hard fights and he fought them consecutively over a less than 2 year span. The last Lawler fight especially, he looked broken physically at the end of that one. After that he fought 7 times and went 2-5, got finished 3 times and missed weight 3 times, in 2 separate divisions!