UFC 246: McGregor vs Cerrone - Jan 18 🇺🇸

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?   

24 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

8 hours ago, neil said:

Is anyone excited by the return of McGregor? I can't say I am particularly, sure I'll watch this, but no more excited for this than some run of the mill Fight Night.

I am quite excited by it. If he's matched correctly he's an exciting talent to watch. Can't be fucked with his outside the cage bullshit, and he's a deplorable person.

• Paid Members

Same here, to be honest. It’ll probably be an enjoyable enough fight but I’m just not feeling it. And that’s telling for me because I’ve said for about a year now that if I could choose a return fight for McGregor, it would be Cerrone or Gaethje. So if I’m not getting up for this fight, I can’t really see anything clawing it back for me. Honestly, I think I’m just over the McGregor thing. McGregor vs Cerrone is a matchup I always liked the idea of. Yet now it’s nearly here, I don’t know, I just feel cold towards it. 

Cerrone is aware of a rumour that claims the UFC have asked him to take a dive - https://www.mmafighting.com/2019/12/23/21034131/donald-cowboy-cerrone-fires-back-at-claims-hes-being-paid-to-take-a-dive-against-conor-mcgregor

This article, however, was published on the 23rd of December. 3 days before David's post above. 

It could be a spin-off from that original news I guess. This place is swarming with YouTubers, bloggers, and basically the living version of the Sherdog forums. I dare not utter "UFC" when I'm out, for fear that one or more of them will hear me and try to strike up a convo before asking me to "sub" to their channel.

I was actually surprised by how decent his grappling game was against Khabib. Granted, he was obviously lighter in that fight, but while he didn't do much he certainly wasn't smashed any more than any of Khabib's other opponents. 

I doubt we'll see much grappling this fight to be honest. If it gets to the stage that Cowboy is shooting for a takedown it means he's in serious trouble.

• Paid Members

Yeah, I don’t see there being much grappling at all in this one. Cerrone is decent with his submissions but he usually jumps on subs after he has his opponent rocked or dazed. He’s never been much of a takedown guy. If he hurts McGregor, I could see him jumping on a guillotine or something. But most likely it’ll play out on the feet.

I’m thinking McGregor wins but I’m saying that on the assumption that McGregor is going to look somewhere close to how he usually does. Who knows at this point though? It’s not like he’s been living the GSP life since the Khabib loss. He’ll obviously be in training camp now but I don’t even know when he’d have made to get to the gym before that. You know, between all the phone smashing, baby making, pensioner punching and sexual assaulting. 

I’d love to see Cowboy knock him out cold. Fuck what’s ‘good for business’ that I don’t benefit from anyway. I hope Cerrone lays him out. Something like this would be grand...

7085CA76-D2FA-46AB-9570-E4BF8A0A6504.gif