Under-Utilized Players

Loki

I've always thought Bobby Roode could be doing much more. He doesn't need to be main eventing or getting runs with the top titles but I can't think of a single interesting thing that he's been given to do other than wrestle matches for no reason.

Though thinking about it, the same goes for pretty much every other mid carder in the WWE.

1 hour ago, Love-Wilcox said:

I've always thought Bobby Roode could be doing much more. He doesn't need to be main eventing or getting runs with the top titles but I can't think of a single interesting thing that he's been given to do other than wrestle matches for no reason.

Though thinking about it, the same goes for pretty much every other mid carder in the WWE.

He's a great tag team player or even a solid midcard hand. But yep he's definitely suffered from basically having no character whatsoever. 

Roode also suffered because I don't think anyone understood Glorious. Yes, it was a banging theme and he was full-on Ric Flairing on his entrance, but nobody in main show creative seemed to twig that it was overblown because he was a massive twat. See his promo on white meat Roderick Strong where he called Roddy a good kid and single-handedly got him over as a mega face for their PPV. Instead, they saw the pops and decided they could just throw him out there to cheers. In a few weeks, he went from the methodical post for much more spectacular baby faces to throwing in half-hearted Buff Blockbusters and twirling his hands. To be fair though, that was par for the course for callups at the time.

• Paid Members

It's a shame because he was one of the first, and only, NXT debuts to really subvert the usual "hey, it's that guy you know!" indie signing. He came in with all the usual "hottest free agent in the world" hype, and within the space of a single promo turned himself heel in fantastic fashion. Given that they've turned Sami Zayn into a manager, which I doubt anyone could have really predicted, I'd wager that maybe the best use of Roode would be something similar. 

Zack Gibson. Great worker, as good in a main event role as he is in tags. Brilliant promo. Most of all, he’s the most authentic heel in the company. I think he’s got a strong enough grasp of his character to translate to the American audience fairly easily. I wish he was smashing it in NXT on Wednesdays instead of wasting away with his vanilla tag partner in the dead ass NXTUK.

• Paid Members
20 hours ago, ColinBollocks said:

Roode essentially became an entrance. The only thing of note I can remember from him on the main roster is growing a fine moustache.

Current WWE have this weird thing where they basically distill almost everyone's character into one thing and no one has any depth or layers. It's one of the reasons why everyone gets stale so quickly. Thus, Bobby Roode became the "GLORIOUS" guy.

For me they haven't scratched the surface with Kevin Owens yet. I think he's the top baby face in the company and could be this generations Stone Cold type.

Guessing his 'look' goes against him with the office but he's got everything else from talent to charisma.

• Paid Members

Austin Aries.

Regardless if whether he is a prick or not, he is the epitome of small man syndrome. Loud mouth arrogant little fucker, who can be bloody wonderful to watch in the ring. I felt his most recent spell in WWE was a massive waste. 

I had visions of him being in the main event picture, being an utter heel twat, winding people up but having a couple of heavies close by.

He’s like a real life version of what Ziggler tries to be. I don’t want bland people pretending to be pricks. I want pricks being pricks.

Edited by Kaz Hayashi

• Paid Members
5 minutes ago, Kaz Hayashi said:

Austin Aries.

Regardless if whether he is a prick or not, he is the epitome of small man syndrome. Loud mouth arrogant little fucker, who can be bloody wonderful to watch in the ring. I felt his most recent spell in WWE was a massive waste. 

I had visions of him being in the main event picture, being an utter heel twat, winding people up but having a couple of heavies close by.

He’s like a real life version of what Ziggler tries to be. I don’t want bland people pretending to be pricks. I want pricks being pricks.

I don't care if he is an actual prick as long as I believe he is an actual prick.....Aries is a prick though isnt he.

Your spot on and it's what always what made Michael's a great heel to me.

• Paid Members
31 minutes ago, ElCece said:

I don't care if he is an actual prick as long as I believe he is an actual prick.....Aries is a prick though isnt he.

Either that or he’s incredibly good at playing one, but general behaviour & comments over the years would indicate that he’s a bit of a bell. 
I want to see him get battered, but he’s really good in the ring as a rule of thumb, so he irritates you even more. He’s just very believable and is instantly aggravating, but impressive.

• Paid Members
On 12/18/2019 at 8:36 PM, ElCece said:

theres a great long form interview with Aries that Chris Van Vliet did on youtube. He's clearly a bellend but he has a certain charisma about thats undeniable. Good watch.