Things you are convinced that happened, but didn't

The King of Old School

• Awards Moderator
11 minutes ago, The Hitman said:

I always thought Hardcore Holly had been Intercontinental champion when I was a kid. Recently found out the reason was JR would constantly refer to him as one when he wasn't. Was watching an old 90s Raw on the Network and he called him a "former tag team and Intercontinental champion".

Did he not have it for a bit around that time when it was going between Jericho and Chyna?

28 minutes ago, HarmonicGenerator said:

Did he not have it for a bit around that time when it was going between Jericho and Chyna?

Apparently not but that's the same period I'd always thought it was, and also the time Ross would constantly refer to him as a former IC Champ. Seems I'm not the only one who thought he'd held it at the time.

That’s a common one. Holly had an angle some point in ‘95 where he won the title from Jarrett, but the decision got reversed later in the night (or something similar), a bit like the Jericho/Triple H WWF title angle. So the visual of Holly winning and leaving with the IC title is very real.

This is long before he was Hardcore Holly though and still Racecar Bob, so whether it’s the root of your confusion I don’t know, but I reckon it’s the cause of Jim’s.

• Paid Members
On 12/16/2019 at 3:12 PM, GeronimoJacksBeard said:

That’s a common one. Holly had an angle some point in ‘95 where he won the title from Jarrett, but the decision got reversed later in the night (or something similar), a bit like the Jericho/Triple H WWF title angle. So the visual of Holly winning and leaving with the IC title is very real.

Difference being that with Holly vs Jarrett the title was held up pending a rematch as opposed to the Jericho/Hunter result being stricken from the record and the title just returned to HHH. I’ve wrongly assumed for ages that Hollys reign is recognised by WWE but a quick squiz at the website shows it isn’t and that Jarretts  two reigns follow on from each other, the same as Goldust when they ran the same angle about 12 months later with Savio Vega in the challenger role.

• Paid Members
On 12/19/2019 at 10:23 AM, Wrasslin said:

Fuck me imagine at that time when the IC title still meant something - ACTUALLY putting it on Sparky Plugg. Jesus. 

At the time I dismissed it as a bit of throwaway intrigue created on one episode of Action Zone designed to make you tune in to the next episode of Action Zone. It didn’t really convince me that long term the plan was going to deviate from Razor getting the belt off Jarrett. Nothing of consequence ever really happened on Action Zone apart from the fantastic Shawn/Diesel vs Razor/Kid match.

Watching a Killer Bees and JYD six man circa 1988.

All three baby faces come to the ring wearing the Bee masks.

Killer Bee one is having the shit kicked out of him so when the referee is distracted Killer Bee Not One rolls his white partner out of the ring; lies down then does a comeback.

Alas; this is short lived so as Kilker Bee Not One is out having his cunt handed to him JYD enters, does the patented Bee switch around.

Referee turns round and despite the Bee now being black; never mind 350 pounds, Carrie's on.

Cant find any evidence this happ6

3 minutes ago, bAzTNM#1 said:

I'm absolutely convinced that Dan "The Beast" Severn left the WWF because Russo wanted him in the "Ministry of Darkness" with the "666" across his chest and Severn done a runner. I'm 100% sure of that but I can't find nothing about it.

I'm sure i've heard or read something similar too in the past but not that it was the reason he left. 

Junk Yard Dog torturing someone (possibly a jobber) by choking him with his chains repeatedly and brutalising him in various other ways for what seemed like half an hour on WCW Worldwide in '91. I was 6 or a young 7 at the time and pretty traumatised thinking it was all real. 

Something probably did happen with a guy getting choked with chains but unlikely to have been JYD as he was a face (and it probably didn't last half an hour on what was a 60 minute show on ITV). 

I’m convinced there’s an episode of South Park, in one of the first few seasons, where the boys find a man that’s been frozen in ice and they call him Stone Cold or Steve Austin. 

I’m also convinced there’s an episode of Nitro that opened with a funeral of stars put out by somebody (possibly JJ). With the faces of each displayed in the ring. Somebody linked to similar on here a while back but it wasn’t how I remembered at all.

Edited by Mat

4 hours ago, Mat said:

I’m convinced there’s an episode of South Park, in one of the first few seasons, where the boys find a man that’s been frozen in ice and they call him Stone Cold or Steve Austin. 

I’m also convinced there’s an episode of Nitro that opened with a funeral of stars put out by somebody (possibly JJ). With the faces of each displayed in the ring. Somebody linked to similar on here a while back but it wasn’t how I remembered at all.

They do name him Steve or Gorak (his name was actually Larry). Don’t think they give him the last name Austin though.