Things you are convinced that happened, but didn't

The King of Old School

For some reason after talking to a mate, I was convinced that Chris Beniot had a match with Owen Hart in the WWF, but obviously looking at timelines this couldn't have happened and I'm obviously wondering what I am confusing it with. No idea.

Does anyone else have any false memories of something happening over the years that quite clearly didn't?

20 minutes ago, The King of Old School said:

For some reason after talking to a mate, I was convinced that Chris Beniot had a match with Owen Hart in the WWF, but obviously looking at timelines this couldn't have happened and I'm obviously wondering what I am confusing it with. No idea.

You do remember reading about it, but you almost certainly haven't seen it.  They did have a match in June 1995.

I was convinced for years that there was an episode of Raw in 1997 where a new faction debuted, there was 3 of them, they won a jobber match and then we never saw them again.  Didn't happen though.

Edited by The Dart

• Paid Members

There's one I've written about on here before;

I had a vivid memory of a tag team of identical twins - in my mind as a kid they were sumo wrestlers - wreaking havoc in the Royal Rumble, getting in and out and swapping places because the ref couldn't tell them apart. It was one of my clearest memories of wrestling from my childhood fandom. Looking back, it could only have been the Headhunters in '96, but they did absolutely fuck all in that match, and did absolutely fuck all in the WWF subsequent to that. Nothing I attributed to them ever happened.

I was convinced for years that Owen Hart had been in WCW in 98-99, I vividly recall seeing him in photos of WCW Thunder the game in a PS1 magazine, it was the character selection screen where they said something to you as you scrolled over them. Clearly I imagined it but was convinced for years that it happened.

In a similar vein around 2001 I remember seeing in the list of former WWF champions on WWF.com Scott Steiner's name and a photo of him holding the belt on a backstage interview stage. 

There's also the ghost episode of Nitro or a WCW PPV which I am sure was from 2000 that aired mid afternoon on a Saturday on ITV. I only saw the end where they recapped Hogan getting beat down and then coming in for the save at the end of the show. We didn't have sky so it was definitely ITV but there's no record of that ever occurring so I assume it was only show in the Meridian region for some inexplicable reason.

I have a memory from before I watched wrestling, of a clip from a WWF PPV that was outside, and the Undertaker was in a match and got carried out on a stretcher but then did his sit up thing off the stretcher and went back to the ring to continue the match.

Did this ever happen?

43 minutes ago, Loki said:

I have a memory from before I watched wrestling, of a clip from a WWF PPV that was outside, and the Undertaker was in a match and got carried out on a stretcher but then did his sit up thing off the stretcher and went back to the ring to continue the match.

Did this ever happen?

I think something similar happened at Wrestlemania 9?