Luke Harper released

tiger_rick

• Paid Members
7 hours ago, Carbomb said:

I'd like to see the guy behind Leo Kruger/Adam Rose coming to AEW and doing the psycho Afrikaner/Boer bushman gimmick again.

100%. As many others have mentioned, AEW is in desperate need of hosses, and Kruger looks like a beast these days. 

• Paid Members
14 minutes ago, BomberPat said:

Could do without them booking unrepentant wife-beaters, though. 

Wait, what's the story here? My brain immediately auto-piloted to the idea AEW had signed Bram, but I don't think that's what you mean, is it?

• Paid Members
13 minutes ago, mim731 said:

Wait, what's the story here? My brain immediately auto-piloted to the idea AEW had signed Bram, but I don't think that's what you mean, is it?

I don't remember the details but I'm pretty sure Adam Rose got nicked for beating his wife. So fuck him.

Harper on the other hand I can't wait to see. That match he had with Orton was tremendous.

13 hours ago, Carbomb said:

I'd like to see the guy behind Leo Kruger/Adam Rose coming to AEW and doing the psycho Afrikaner/Boer bushman gimmick again.

An old school Afrikaner/Boer gimmick would involve a lot of racism. Even if he wouldn't say overtly racist things, he'd be calling a giant shitstorm upon himself. The gimmick would be based on a racist man who does racist things.

Edit: he wasn't a Boer in NXT right? Wasn't he a big game or bounty hunter?

Edited by Whistling Skull

• Paid Members
22 minutes ago, Whistling Skull said:

An old school Afrikaner/Boer gimmick would involve a lot of racism. Even if he wouldn't say overtly racist things, he'd be calling a giant shitstorm upon himself. The gimmick would be based on a racist man who does racist things.

Edit: he wasn't a Boer in NXT right? Wasn't he a big game or bounty hunter?

Oh, no - I wasn't advocating an old-style Boer/AWB gimmick, no fucking way. (Oddly, when looking up his Wikipedia, it seems he chose the name Leo Kruger because he's descended from the hugely problematic and racist leader of the first Boer Republic of South Africa, Paul Kruger, after whom Kruger National Park and the Krugerrand is also named.)

When I saw him in NXT, I just had him down as a psycho bushman. Although, in the wake of Bob Mortimer's Athletico Mince, I realise I probably couldn't take him seriously now. I'd just imagine him going "A'M A FAHCKING RAIPIST" and trying to shove his gun up people's bums.

24 minutes ago, Carbomb said:

Oh, no - I wasn't advocating an old-style Boer/AWB gimmick, no fucking way. (Oddly, when looking up his Wikipedia, it seems he chose the name Leo Kruger because he's descended from the hugely problematic and racist leader of the first Boer Republic of South Africa, Paul Kruger, after whom Kruger National Park and the Krugerrand is also named.)

When I saw him in NXT, I just had him down as a psycho bushman. Although, in the wake of Bob Mortimer's Athletico Mince, I realise I probably couldn't take him seriously now. I'd just imagine him going "A'M A FAHCKING RAIPIST" and trying to shove his gun up people's bums.

No judgement here. I always liked Baron von Raschke, but you just can't do that shit anymore.