Sign in to follow this  
scratchdj

But wait! The brilliant world of brilliant infomercials

Products so awesome that they’re “not available in any shops.” Let’s see your favourite shopping channel products and personalities.

Ever wanted to safely sit on an egg? You need an Egg Sitter:

3B509561-57FD-407E-9E46-47D321663F2D.jpeg

https://youtu.be/FP_akuE2CnM

Also, I can’t believe this excitable old puffin is still pulling a shift. She’s currently shilling a copper omelette maker. She’s no Chef Tony, but she’s shopping telly royalty nonetheless.

A463A4D6-B770-4DBB-A42A-6D0E3B208E02.jpeg

Edited by scratchdj

I used to have the full 30 minute Hulk Hogan's Ultimate Grill infomercial recorded manually on my old freeview box with the hard disc recorder. Unfortunately the hard dive failed. The advert for the Mr T grill is even better, because T's delivery is exactly as you'd expect it to be. 

13 minutes ago, jazzygeofferz said:

T's delivery is exactly as you'd expect it to be. 

$5.95, 3-5 working days?

Edited by scratchdj

Here’s Run the Risks’ Peter Simon snotting out a big one whilst tempting people to purchase some sort of ring.

https://youtu.be/c8XpnCwbVIw

This is Anthony Sullivan, hypeman for the H20 Steam Mop. He’s British, but wants so badly to be American and is a bit of a bell.

image.jpeg.0e72770540f5ae0a5536335df790f927.jpeg

https://youtu.be/nIutuA3daeU

Edited by scratchdj

11 hours ago, scratchdj said:

She’s no Chef Tony, but she’s shopping telly royalty nonetheless.

A463A4D6-B770-4DBB-A42A-6D0E3B208E02.jpeg

My favourite non-stick pan infomercial has the chef cooking something along the lines of a pancake, omelette, or eggs and to then demonstrate the outstanding non-stick properties of the shite he's hawking, he BLOWS the cooked item from pan to plate.  I'm no expert, but I think that's a 0/5 on the food hygiene front.

Until a few hours ago I thought Sully was great, but no longer. DiDi Seven was the best informercial. Constantly on quantum shopping network in like 1991.

The Magic Bullet infomercial was always on when I’d peruse the shopping channels after the pub. An Englishman (Mick) and his American wife (Mimi) would wow their houseguests in the kitchen with their 20 Magic Bullets that they somehow happened to have.

Who needs charades, wine or wife swapping when everyone is so wowed by the quick-and-easy production of a salsa dip, all with minimal clean up?

image.jpeg.01d9ce71939c024376a83fa891b28ca1.jpeg

image.png.58fd6d1c21a8479c99df51cef4dd4887.png

image.jpeg.b4a0647e2ebf4c2840496b0990a40539.jpeg

I hate everyone in this.

https://youtu.be/w6KNpmRNyJM

John Parkin was my favourite.  There was another guy as well who’s name I can’t remember, American chap who did shows with John now and again, real mild mannered, looked like he was a storekeeper in an American small town.

Bought quite a bit of this shite in the past.  The V slicer was the only thing that really worked.  Biggest disaster was the Hogan Grill that burst into flames when I was cooking a cheese toastie.

I bought a Hogan Grill last year from a charity shop. I put a steak in it and it set fire to the socket.

2 hours ago, PowerButchi said:

I bought a Hogan Grill last year from a charity shop. I put a steak in it and it set fire to the socket.

When that happens, whatcha gonna do?

Wasn't Hogan originally offered the George Foreman gig and turned it down?