Sign in to follow this  
Egg Shen

Ortiz vs. Del Rio - Combate Americas (Dec 7th)

10 hours ago, Kfogg1991 said:

What time our time will this be on this Saturday. There is everything inside me that is telling me to watch this main event because I can see it being.....interesting to say the very least 

Texas is an hour behind New York, but two hours ahead of Vegas. So, it won't be on as early as a normal New York UFC card, but not as late as a standard Vegas UFC card either.

In short, I haven't a fucking clue.

3 hours ago, David said:

Texas is an hour behind New York, but two hours ahead of Vegas. So, it won't be on as early as a normal New York UFC card, but not as late as a standard Vegas UFC card either.

In short, I haven't a fucking clue.

Haha fantastic to be honest I've literally just this second been talking to my partner about it and I cant stay up and watch it, I've got motionless in white in Manchester sunday then the funeral in Sheffield on Monday. I cant stay up without sleep for 3 full days 

All jokes aside, Tito looks in tremendous nick. 

I listened to Tito on Austin's podcast last week too (way too much Tito in my life recently) and he comes off so much better in a relaxed conversation like that rather than when the camera's are rolling and hes playing abit of a character. He doesn't fuck his speech up either...though im sure he did say "thanks for coming on" to Austin at one point😄

Here is something to consider. 

Tito Ortiz has been a thing in MMA for over 20 years. Yet, he was done as a serious contender over a decade ago. Name value dies hard in MMA, especially with those who starred in its initial boom period. 

had the fight spoiler for me on the main forum annoyingly, so just watched a crappy youtube version this morning.

It was probably the most vintage Tito Ortiz performance in years, that crushing top control was back and Del Rio could do fuck all about it. Now i know Tito will be likely be on his high horse for a few months calling out top names but you gotta put it in perspective, if he wants to stay at that level though Tito can probably keep winning fights for another year or so without taking much damage.

That level is rock bottom though. Del Rio is a nobody who’s never beat anybody good and hadn’t fought since 2010. If he wants to look like that again he’ll probably have to call out old Kenny Shamrock again. 

Fair play to him for finding a way to make some coin and continuing to get himself in such shape at his age and despite his body being held together by glue after all his injuries. But I can’t even really think of anyone from his era that he can call out now. I guess Vitor Belfort maybe? Can’t really call out a Randy Couture who is 87 years old and just getting over a heart attack. Not even Tito would do that. Or would he? 

Rashad is a good shout, hes coming back too isnt he? has there been any talk that Rashad is gonna go back to the UFC though?

There'll be fights out there for Tito. I think he'll be smart with it though, pick winnable fights and sell them like they mean more than they do. 

I hope he fights Pip Brooks next, if he's going to have a little run smashing up former WWE guys who think they're real fighters.  Is there money in Ortiz v Punk?

5 hours ago, Loki said:

I hope he fights Pip Brooks next, if he's going to have a little run smashing up former WWE guys who think they're real fighters.  Is there money in Ortiz v Punk?

Can't see it, Ortiz fights at 205lbs, Punk was 170lbs. The skill & experience difference along with Ortiz being the bigger man means that Punk will likely never take such a fight.

Plus everyone saw Punk lose miserably both times, and the second time was to a journalist/part-time fighter. The freakshow factor is long gone, and I think Punk's self-aware enough to know that.

On 12/9/2019 at 2:19 AM, Carbomb said:

Plus everyone saw Punk lose miserably both times, and the second time was to a journalist/part-time fighter. The freakshow factor is long gone, and I think Punk's self-aware enough to know that.

Yeah, he gave it his best shot. Fair play to him, but he's smart enough to know it's not for him.