London Bridge Stabbing & Shooting

David

• Paid Members
20 hours ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

Personally, I agree with Corbyn that we should disable them rather then shoot to kill. However, when there is a potential bomb you have to make a snap decision and I think in this case the police were left with little choice but to shoot to kill.

Police don't shoot to kill, they shoot to prevent. 

• Paid Members
20 hours ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

Personally, I agree with Corbyn that we should disable them rather then shoot to kill. However, when there is a potential bomb you have to make a snap decision and I think in this case the police were left with little choice but to shoot to kill.

Police don't shoot to kill, they shoot to prevent. 

3 hours ago, Keith Houchen said:

The replies...

I'm not saying this to you, I'm saying it to the muppet on Twitter. The civilian has just disarmed a knife wielding terrorist, who has murdered 2 at least. Who cares what he throws out his pocket? Why is it important? 

5 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

To be fair, the guy was just asking if anyone had any idea, he wasn't peddling theories or anything, that was the replies. 

Yeah, but he set the tone for the discussion in the way he approached the situation, right down to his "supposed" terror event comment.

23 hours ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

Personally, I agree with Corbyn that we should disable them rather then shoot to kill.

Why should they shoot to kill after they've already disabled a perp? I'm pretty sure Corbyn hasn't been saying this (in public).

Edited by King Pitcos

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, King Pitcos said:

Why should they shoot to kill after they've already disabled a perp? I'm pretty sure Corbyn hasn't been saying this (in public).

I’ve obviously not made my point. I don’t think we should STK, unless there is real danger, such as a bomb vest. Otherwise surely it makes more sense to arrest someone in order to get more information about associated people, further terror attacks etc. 

39 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

Otherwise surely it makes more sense to arrest someone in order to get more information about associated people, further terror attacks etc. 

It also gives the Government the added bonus of being able to release them at a later date so they can cause more havoc. 

I'm not one for the death penalty normally, but in instances such as this I have no problem with a zero tolerance approach from trained professionals. 

• Paid Members
5 minutes ago, David said:

It also gives the Government the added bonus of being able to release them at a later date so they can cause more havoc. 

I'm not one for the death penalty normally, but in instances such as this I have no problem with a zero tolerance approach from trained professionals. 

This guy murdered people. He’d have gotten life