London Bridge Stabbing & Shooting

David

1 minute ago, Merzbow said:

There's going to be a shitstorm surrounding the shooting, the guy had been completely subdued at the time and did they know the vest was fake before it?

I can't see any way they could have really. These cops are dealing with split-second decision making, where their actions could determine the lives of innocent people.Ā 

If the shooter had hesitated and the thing had been real there would be an even bigger shit storm. In the end, the guy knew what he was getting himself into. Take these types of fuckers out and ask questions later. He stabbed a number of people and killed two, so fuck him.

Just now, David said:

I can't see any way they could have really. These cops are dealing with split-second decision making, where their actions could determine the lives of innocent people.Ā 

If the shooter had hesitated and the thing had been real there would be an even bigger shit storm. In the end, the guy knew what he was getting himself into. Take these types of fuckers out and ask questions later. He stabbed a number of people and killed two, so fuck him.

Oh I don't exactly disagree with you but this is going to be a main talking point if the initial reaction is anything to go by.

Just now, Merzbow said:

Oh I don't exactly disagree with you but this is going to be a main talking point if the initial reaction is anything to go by.

I'm no expert, but from what I saw on the video he wasn't entirely subdued. He was being held down by members of the public while they wrestled a knife away from him, then he reached for what was a device on his person before cops shot him. It all happened literally within seconds, and I don't think you can take a chance with that kind of thing.

If it had been real and he'd been allowed to detonate it we'd likely be talking about a number of deaths, so the choice had to be made. It was the right one I think.

• Paid Members

It's been a bit of a flurry of news. A friend of mine was on the upper deck of a bus overlooking it, said nobody could tell what was going on from a distance, then they heard the gunshot. Fair play to the civilians taking him out - I hope they managed to stove his ribs in before the cops stepped in.

Frightening viewing. Some tards on twitter are arguing state murder and how unnecessary it was. Seeing the video and knowing that there's a vest, regardless of whether real or fake, those officers carried out their training perfectly; the knife attack and the possibility of a vest justifies the response.

People aren't tolerating this shit anymore and are taking more of a stand. Fair play to all involved.Ā 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, quote the raven said:

Imagine if the police had second guessed and the guy detonated a vest killing the public holding him.

Ā 

Exactly. If that vest was real there would have been more then 2 deaths had it gone off. They had to make sure it didnā€™t go off

• Paid Members

So utter insanity as it appears that the attacker was somebody released on parole/electronic tag after being jailed for terrorism offenses, one of the men who subdued him was reportedly a convicted murderer out on day release, and both were attending a conference on prisoner rehabilitation.

• Paid Members
14 hours ago, Merzbow said:

There's going to be a shitstorm surrounding the shooting, the guy had been completely subdued at the time and did they know the vest was fake before it?

Armed police procedure for a possible terrorist incident is basically to kill the guy three times over as quickly as possible to stop any chance at all for them to let off a bomb. They will never stop to check if a vest is real.