The Mandalorian (spoilers)

Belting episode. I'm officially sold on the child being the most adorable thing ever- the biscuit stealing, the rollercoaster arms, the vomiting.

The video game feel continued with the escape from the base, particularly loved the Dukes Of Hazard jump off the cliff in the transport vehicle and the three of them screaming. Popped like a loon at what turned out to not be a star destroyer flying in from the top of the screen and Moff Gideon at the end. Yet again I'm stupidly giddy for the next episode.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I thought I recognised Sasha Banks. It's hard to know for sure it's her without Michael Cole screaming 'IT'S BOSS TIME' like a fucking gimp.

In his defence, The Mandalorian wouldn’t exist if people thirty-five years ago didn’t think Boba looked cool.

Boba shifts the merch. Hate on him all you want but respect the numbers. Boba is buys.

Posted Images

Of course they're going to drag out the Tano reveal...

A solid episode today with a mix of tense scenes, action and humour. It sounds sad but watching it just brightens my day.

This episode felt closer to the first season and more like classic Star wars. 

4 scout troopers out of 5.

Never mind the “was it Boba? Was it a clone?” talk, whose this mystery man

5tiUzdT.jpg

In all seriousness though great episode and Carl Weathers reaffirmed his place as my standby Dad. I hope this isn’t the only time we see him this series 

Edited by WyattSheepMask
  • Paid Members
11 minutes ago, WyattSheepMask said:

Never mind the “was it Baba? Was it a clone?” talk, whose this mystery man

5tiUzdT.jpg

In all seriousness though great episode and Carl Weathers reaffirmed his place as my standby Dad. I hope this isn’t the only time we see him this series 

Imagine going to the lengths they go to to stop crew reflecting in his armour and they have a fella just hanging around in the shot

• Awards Moderator

Another great episode.

Baby Yoda excellent. Who can blame him for wanting those space macarons.

Great action in the escape from the base, the speeder bike chase had me on the edge of my seat a couple of times.

Some nice development on a few larger stories. Confirmation of the theory that Herzog wanted Baby Yoda for midichlorian purposes - but were those Palpatine bodies in the tanks?

(edit: answering my own question - seems Dark Troopers are part human part machine and are Force sensitive. So it’s probably them)

Moff Gideon is properly scary. I had to look up whether those were Vaders at the end, but @johnnyboyknew the score. I didn’t play the game Dark Troopers appeared in but they can’t be good news!

Worried for Mando. Worried for Baby Yoda. Worried for Ahsoka. Can’t wait for next week.

Edited by HarmonicGenerator

Promised my Mrs I'd wait for her to to watch this weeks episode as she had a few errands to run. Glad I broke that and watched it anyway the second she left the house. Less explosions and biker scout crashes but they can still do absolute crackers of episodes like this with a calmer yet still busy tone. 

I loved the whole look of the world they were on with the dim sepia lighting, it made for a really cool, mysterious atmosphere, especially the fight scenes. The lightsaber battle definitely had the vibe of an old martial arts film to it.

I figured the Ashoka reveal was coming the second I pressed play because of how the catch up from last week went. I was worried about how they'd do it but I thought it was handled really well, Rosario Dawson was fantastic and the little swells of familiar music made my heart race. And the kid's name is Grogu, go figure. He'll still be Baby Yoda, The Child or The Kid in our house.

Also- Admiral fucking Thrawn getting a mention?! Is he going to be in this series then?! Holy Expanded Universe Batman.

• Paid Members

Absolute banger of an episode. I am glad he has a name, plus it means they have to make a load of new toys now he has a name. The marketing juggernaut rolls on!

Dawson was as good as I had hoped, I loved the emperor's digs. That shot of them on the bridge before throwing down was beautiful. I honestly thought for a second he may have left Grogu there and was pleased they haven't pulled the trigger on that yet. Hope we get more of Ashoka in season 3

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, cobra_gordo said:

Watched the episode again with the Mrs and didn't clock first time round that the main henchman is Michael Biehn! They've had some ace cameos across both series.

I only realised it was him during the final showdown. I’d spent the rest of the episode trying to figure it out.

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, cobra_gordo said:

Watched the episode again with the Mrs and didn't clock first time round that the main henchman is Michael Biehn! They've had some ace cameos across both series.

Criminally underused but great to see him. 

I mean, we're getting an Ashoka series, I'd put money on it. 

Fuck me with a sarlaac. That was remarkable television. Seeing Filoni's vision in live action didn't disappoint. I was surprised how suddenly she appeared in the episode but it was worth it.

Another great episode which added quality to the series. It's just a video game being carried out... 

Grogu (?) Great choice. Also loving the reasons why she won't train him.

Thrawn? Shit the bed. It just gets bigger and better.

Jedi Ninjas and Samurai Showdowns, that was peak Star Wars. Throw the western stand-off with Mando and Biehn and it was everything I love/loved about the universe. Dawson was bloody great, I’ve not seen her in much since her wonderful boobies were out in Alexander but I hope she gets all the work and spin offs she can because as a casual viewer that was the freshest a Jedi character has felt to me since day one. Great episode.