The Mandalorian (spoilers)

Onyx2

• Awards Moderator
8 hours ago, chokeout said:

Baby Yoda is supposed to be 50 isn't he? He'd still be a toddler by the time Ren starts tearing shit up. 

Indeed. If he stays with Luke, I fear for him. And I’m conflicted because I want him to have his Jedi training and be a Jedi but I also really want him to have more adventures with Mando.

• Paid Members

Well we know that Luke's attempt to rebuild the Jedi order failed. And in the movies we know he was at one point The Last Jedi so unless they ignore the sequels in favour of pleasing the trolls and fan service then we know that Grogu doesn't become a Jedi. Or he becomes one and is killed before The Force Awakens.

That ending with Boba didn't really make much sense. Like I get the visual metaphor of him taking Jabbas throne and all that. But at this point Jabba has been dead for years, and he wasn't a King or anything so where he sat is completely meaningless. Sitting on Jabbas old couch doesn't make Boba Fett the leader of an intergalactic crime syndicate.

Edited by LaGoosh

Predictions for next series: Baby Yoda fucks off Jedi training to sell more toys because of his super strong Mando bond. Alden Ehrenreich shows up as Han so I can laugh at the fume.

All in all I thought that was a terrific finale although I too am fed up of good guys running around Empire ships doing the shooting gallery of pop up Storm Troopers. I thought that Luke looked alright. Probably wouldn’t stand up in The Irishman but in the Star Wars universe where everything is cgi he didn’t jar too much.

4 hours ago, quote the raven said:

O can you imagine the very last scene....Kylo kills grogu. The level of fan hate would be amazing.

Seen as he’s already been brought back, you could tie it into the sequels and have Palpatine, before he transforms into a portable USB drive, kill Grogu. “Haha, I’m not dead yet fuckers! MEYAH!! Lightning Strike! Take you little green shit!”

Stayed spoiler free all through yesterday and today so I could watch the finale after the Everton game. Well worth the god damned wait, what an ending to a season. Seeing the Jedi tearing shit up, thinking ‘it can’t be him can it?’ Then the hood drops and damn straight it’s him, in all his de-aged glory with R2 by his side

57 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

That final episode was fucking superb. Loved the entire series. When it seems that the golden age of TV drama is reaching the end, you have Mandalorian, Cobra Kai and The Witcher standing out. 

Haha I enjoyed The Witcher and big sexy Cav having the time of his life (for bonus Cavill content watch his Instagram video of him building his gaming pc) but it’s definitely not contributing to a golden age of telly! They are dropping the staggered time line stuff though so the second series will be vastly improved.

Avoided spoilers and finally watched season two. You know when something happens in wrestling and “When it’s good it’s fucking good”?  Well this reminded me of why young Houch was obsessed with Star Wars!  Good Lord, I was buzzing throughout and had absolutely no idea Luke was going to be the Jedi who heard Baby Yoda. 
Magnificent stuff. Real boys own cowboy Saturday morning stuff. Made me feel younger than I have in ages!!

• Paid Members
5 hours ago, Mr_Danger said:

but it’s definitely not contributing to a golden age of telly! 

Oh absolutely! But that was kind of my point. The days of the HBO epic series are gone, and these hammed-up series are providing a bit of a tonic to that to be honest.