Dave Meltzer - yay or nay?

Mark_Doctor

Dave Meltzer  

104 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, tiger_rick said:

"fast becoming"? They've been analysed, used and abused for 20 years widely. They are what they are. If you agree with him, probably useful. If you're looking for a vague guide to something, perhaps useful. If you don't love what he loves, absolutely meaningless. But as much as he isn't for me, they're not uneducated ratings. They're just personal.

Are not the wrestlers themselves posting up when they get a high rating? 

Again if we are using the original point that he is comparable to a Jose Mourinho and Jürgen Klopp. I still stand by my point hes more the a guy working for a national newpaper rating the football. 

• Paid Members
6 minutes ago, quote the raven said:

Are not the wrestlers themselves posting up when they get a high rating?

Some always did. Right back to the 90s, plenty lived and died by what he thought of their matches. Kinda blows the "unaccepted" stuff out of the water. We're fans though. Not sure why we can't debate and enjoy wrestling without crying about someone's (probably different) opinion that isn't relevant to any of us.

The Mourinho/Journo argument doesn't really matter does it? Bacon was just pointing out that some high profile managers haven't played football so why can't someone who's never wrestled understand it? He's right. Though not about Klopp, who played hundreds of games for Mainz.

Dave isn't an nth of the despicable tit Cornette is. He's a full on pre 'enjoying Netflix' definition of geek but Jim's just an all out bad, bad prick. Mate of a mate you meet by chance that you'd make sure you never see again in town. He's probably only got Dave's social awkwardness to thank for not falling out with him sooner.

• Paid Members

Dave always seems alright away from the business. Cornette on the other hand is a giant man child. For all this threats of "I'm going to jail for this motherfucker", I dont see many people less equiped for a stint in jail than Cornette. He's not Bill Watts. He tries desperately to be, but he's not a big ex football playing hard man racist nutcase. He's just a racist nutcase with Jim Bowen glasses.

Got to say, though, Meltzer has to be the worst broadcaster ever for the amount of hours he's put into audio, surely? He's done radio and online audio going back to the late 80s/early 90s, and he still cant string a sentence together.

56 minutes ago, Yakashi said:

He really needs to get a doctor to check that cough. 

Who corny? It sounds a sinister cough! 

Personally I find cornette fine. He has his gimmick and I normally fall on his side of arguments about what wrestling 'should' be. He goes overboard but that's what he has made money off for years and he won't stop now. He gets massively taken out of context much of the time but then doesn't help himself with his responses.