Dave Meltzer - yay or nay?

Dave Meltzer  

104 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm blocked from Cornette's twitter for the Phil Mitchell stuff that I never tagged him in and didnt mention him, but he took it as a valid source anyway. Which makes me think all those stories in the

The "he's never been a wrestler" argument doesn't hold weight. Roger Ebert never directed a film, yet no sensible person ever suggested it made him less informed as a critic as a result.  Meltzer

Synn's only previous wrestling experience was in Incredibly/Extremely Strange Wrestling, where she wrestled such talent as Harley Racist and the Abortionist. Her boyfriend at the time was JR Benson, w

• Paid Members
6 hours ago, unfitfinlay said:

That's the thing that bugs me about Cornette. He's a MASSIVE fucking hypocrite.

He spent years crucifying Russo in shoot interviews. Just absolutely destroying him, as a writer and as a person. Then when Russo got re-hired by TNA.........Cornette just fell in line and meekly did what he was told. At one point, he was even claiming that their differences were always professional and they were actually good friends. TNA then fired Cornette and he immediately went right back to the old "Russo is the anti-christ, I hate that motherfucker, I'll kill him. Buy my new shoot interview".

Yup. There's one (RF I think) shoot interview where he refers to Russo as "Vinny Roo" and claiming they get on fine.

Hilarious.

On the Omega stuff, I couldn't give a shit how much MMA training he has. If you act like a geek and are booked like a geek, then guess what?

I'm probably not strictly AEW's target audience but always thought that the whole point of wrestling superstars were for the sad bastards who watch this shit to have someone cool to admire. While anime etc is an underculture that's probably more acceptable than it once was, come off it!  

I know that loads of wrestlers these days are boring bastards who'd rather play video games than go out and get bang a shitload of ring rats, but I'd rather not have it shoved in my face just the same.

Edited by garynysmon
21 minutes ago, BrodyGraham said:

Omega has mentioned in the past that he was close to giving wrestling up for MMA when he left Deep South.

I don't think this is a particularly egregious case of Meltzer going out to bat for Kenny.

That’s not the issue. It’s the lengths Dave will go to to defend Kenny and AEW using his twitter troll gimmick. 

He doesn’t need to be on twitter fighting with bots and then wondering why people think he has a bias. 

Just now, King Pitcos said:

Cornette had a massive rant about Meltzer on his podcast this week, as you’d expect. I didn’t listen to it all, but part of it was reading a longish letter out from someone saying he should give Dave a break because of the autism. 

Maybe he has and has now turned his attention to David Bixenspan...  

I read about this on another board, but going after the way someone looks is cheap, but fuck "God's Gift" Cornette taking digs at someone else's appearance!

I'l agree with him on one thing though, Bix is the biggest shit stirrer on "Wrestling Twitter" that I can think of.  Any gossip or salacious news that's going down, you can bet your bottom dollar that Bix will be involved or talking about it, out with his wooden spoon whilst also fanning the flames.

• Paid Members

Synn's only previous wrestling experience was in Incredibly/Extremely Strange Wrestling, where she wrestled such talent as Harley Racist and the Abortionist. Her boyfriend at the time was JR Benson, who ran a show (a 5 star on the Redknapp scale, too) LITERALLY called "Exposing the Business 98." Where there was a tag rope with a blade hanging from it, where they'd openly cut their heads for the audience to see. Cornette used to play clips of these at his fan weeks and got Ron Hed (the "booker" of ESW) a job as OVW's announcer. The thing with Cornette seems like you cant do silly shit unless he's the one laughing at it. Cornette's sister-in-law was a valet in this group, where she pissed on her charges face and he Hulk'd up like it was WrestleMania III.

And Kenny Bolin is a fat nonce nobody on earth would put on TV. A total carny, who has ripped small businesses off for years. When Cornette was popular among the sheets and smart fans, people (i.e. the likes of Alvarez, who is a rent a gob) used to gush about how great Kenny Bolin was. Then around 2006, I saw him and he was the most basic obese Jerry Lawler rip off, who had no facial expressions. He looked like Dawn French with short back and sides and spoke like he was doing a promo in front of a mirror. Yet he was all over OVW TV.

Surely just a mispronounced "Ax"?  

*EDIT*

Agreed on Bixenspan being the absolute worst on Twitter.  Endless shit stirring and snide comments that he tries to play innocent about whenever called out on it.

Edited by CTXRussomark
Bix sux
  • Paid Members
14 hours ago, CTXRussomark said:

Surely just a mispronounced "Ax"?  

*EDIT*

Agreed on Bixenspan being the absolute worst on Twitter.  Endless shit stirring and snide comments that he tries to play innocent about whenever called out on it.

Couldn't agree less. Bix has always seemed like a good guy to me, and doesn't deserve even 10% of the shit he gets online. I'm saying that as someone who has disagreed with a couple of his takes too. He also wrote a cracking piece on Nick Gage, so he's MDK-certified, gang affiliated and not to be fucked with.

As a general rule thumb, people who are vehemently anti-Bix tend to go pretty hard into the Russo/Cornette fandom. Just something that I've noticed during my stint on Wrestling Twitter.

11 hours ago, Accident Prone said:

As a general rule thumb, people who are vehemently anti-Bix tend to go pretty hard into the Russo/Cornette fandom. Just something that I've noticed during my stint on Wrestling Twitter.

My 20-ish year old username probably hasn't done me any favours here, but just to confirm I find both Russo and Cornette equally worthless thesedays.