Forgotten by History

gmoney

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/3/2019 at 11:28 PM, Rey_Piste said:

I don't think KLF/ K Foundation and various other Drummond and Cauty projects have been forgotten. If only because music writers love to wax lyrical about how they subverted pop music. If you have read or read about the Manual they really nailed how to make a pop hit. It's things in it that still hold true today, most of The Black Eyed Peas big hits completely follow the books rules on song writing.

They're not very relevant with their music because they only really did singles and their albums are mostly terrible. They haven't released anything in 20 years, but they are a fascinating duo.

John Drummond is still doing stuff https://www.theguardian.com/film/2019/sep/18/best-before-death-review-bill-drummond-klf-documentary . Obviously their ethos of eschewing traditional forms of popular culture consumption might slightly hinder how many people are talking to them.

From the perspective of a couple of subcultures they're still super relevant. KLF are constantly touted as being vital to the growth of electronic music in nerdy electronic music circles. I still hear What Time is Love played out plenty (I've heard Erol Alkan [producer of songs you probably like] use it in sets several times in the last few years).  From a more Justified Ancients of Mumu perspective, I've heard the number 23 crop up plenty in conversations as do the people associated with it...

• Paid Members
On 11/8/2019 at 11:26 AM, John Matrix said:

This, from 1995.

Who in their right fucking mind wants to watch something like that?  

7091D889-6DF1-4F78-BED6-87EA7D9F14FD.jpeg

I got this shit at a charity shop on VHS for 10p. What the fuck were the BBFC and James Ferman thinking at the time? Some of the most graphic stuff ever. Somebody literally gets their face blown off in it with a shotgun. Comes off as supposed to be a documentary about executions but it's just gore, gore, gore. It's on Youtube. Really don't watch it. "Faces of Death" is mostly fake, "Executions" is all real and blown up in your face.

ADDED: It's the guy on the cover who gets his face shot off.

ADDED AGAIN: Hardly anything about who was behind it is actually online. Only thing I've got is a Human Rights charity funded it.

Edited by bAzTNM#1