Forgotten by History

gmoney

• Paid Members
7 hours ago, thicko said:

I’ve got it in my head that Thora Hird was Mooncat’s human sidekick? Was it? 

Nope, Beryl Reid. Mooncat was probably just another post-Star Wars "let's make everything space" thing.

When I was little, I'd watch pretty much anything set in, or linked to, space.

Here's an obscure one (and one that Astro should address), "What's Your Story?" with Sylvester McCoy. An episode each night for a week (I think) and the viewers would ring in afterwards to make suggestions on how tomorrow's episode should go. The script was written that night, the episode filmed the next day, and then broadcast that evening.

I can't remember much about the actual episodes, but I remember being taken in with the concept of it.

• Paid Members

John Major was Prime Minister for SEVEN years.

In 1987, the Daily Star ran a week-long tease for a girl turning 16 and getting her tits out.

In 1984, they crashed a train live in TV to prove that nuclear waste wouldn’t spill in an accident.

• Paid Members
On 11/3/2019 at 8:48 PM, gmoney said:

@Astro Hollywood once pointed out that there were 14 series of London's Burning, yet no one alive could tell you what any of the characters were called or any storyline. 

Only thing I could tell you about it was that it was on ITV around 9-ish on a Sunday night.

• Paid Members
6 hours ago, Linus said:

In 1987, the Daily Star ran a week-long tease for a girl turning 16 and getting her tits out.

Yeah, that was Sam Fox, but they did it with someone else a few years after too (Lindsey Dawn McKenzie. Must have been ten years later). Kind of stuff really doesn't age well at all.

1 hour ago, bAzTNM#1 said:

Yeah, that was Sam Fox, but they did it with someone else a few years after too (Lindsey Dawn McKenzie. Must have been ten years later). Kind of stuff really doesn't age well at all.

I had an English teacher who claimed to have had a sit down chat with a young Samantha Fox about her proposed shoot, as a 15/16 year old that was quite a cool anecdote, now i'd be calling the school board if I heard that. 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, bAzTNM#1 said:

I thought so, too, but it Sam Fox was almost 17 when she first posed topless for The Sun. It was a girl called Natalie Banus. Yeah, me either.

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, Linus said:

I thought so, too, but it Sam Fox was almost 17 when she first posed topless for The Sun. It was a girl called Natalie Banus. Yeah, me either.

I think The Star, The Sun and The Sport all rehashed this gimmick every couple of years.