General Erection 2019

Gus Mears

Who are you voting for?  

213 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

3 minutes ago, Loki said:

If they were to win a majority in a General Election, they'd Revoke Article 50 and remain  (obv very unlikely!)

Not another vote, just simply cancel the result of the original referendum and pretend it never happened? Surely not?

If they got 320 odd seats at this GE, it would be a mandate for their stated desire to Revoke A50, that's correct.  It very clearly positions them as the Remain party and gives people who want to revoke a clear candidate to vote for.  Similar, but opposite, to the Brexit Party whose position is No Deal.

I find that ridiculous to be honest. A political party wanting to just scrap the result of a democratic referendum and overturn it? Ironic somewhat that the definition of "Democrat" is "an advocate or supporter of democracy."

They should rename the party the Liberal Dictators. That's actually a cool name, I'd vote for that party. They just do whatever the fuck they want and don't bother consulting the uneducated, Daily Mail reading plebs.

Edited by David

The very fact that they want to just cancel the result of a referendum is undemocratic. Thankfully I have as much chance of playing centre forward for one of the Bigot Brothers as the Liberals do of winning this election.

Boris has this in his back pocket, easy. 

• Paid Members
20 minutes ago, David said:

The very fact that they want to just cancel the result of a referendum is undemocratic. Thankfully I have as much chance of playing centre forward for one of the Bigot Brothers as the Liberals do of winning this election.

Boris has this in his back pocket, easy. 

You’re also not going to vote. So why care?

Just now, Hannibal Scorch said:

You’re also not going to vote. So why care?

I won't even be in the country at the time of the vote, but that doesn't mean I can't voice my opinion on this here forum, does it?

And for the record, I get that them winning the election would mean that technically they can implement such a move, but for me there's something that doesn't sit right with any party that could win considerably less than 50% of the popular vote and simply overturn a referendum result that was won by over 50% of the vote.

I know how it works, but I don't like it and don't think it's democratic. If they were favouring a fresh vote, then fine, I could go with that if they won the election, but there's something very sneaky and "back-dooring" about such a move. Thankfully we'll be unlikely to see it happen, but still.

In fact, if it was a straight choice between a Conservative win or a Liberal Democrats win, I'd go Conservative personally.

• Paid Members
15 minutes ago, David said:

I won't even be in the country at the time of the vote, but that doesn't mean I can't voice my opinion on this here forum, does it. 

That doesn’t mean you can’t vote though does it?

And of course you can voice your opinion wherever. Free speech and all that but it all feels a little

season 13 GIF

7 hours ago, David said:

Not another vote, just simply cancel the result of the original referendum and pretend it never happened? Surely not?

Lib Dems aren't going to win the election outright so the point is probably moot. I think the best case scenario is for some kind of remain coalition to win, have a re-run of the referendum where remain barely scrapes though and then deal with the consequences with reparations to the leave areas, and there'd still be a groundswell of betrayal that would linger for many years,  

If I've learned anything since 2016 it's that the hardcore leave block are almost all talk.

All the talk of riots and mass protests yet hardly any of the fuckers even bother doing anything. Wasn't the "big" march to London this year a huge embarrassment?

Most I know don't even fucking vote.

• Paid Members
59 minutes ago, The King Of Swing said:

If I've learned anything since 2016 it's that the hardcore leave block are almost all talk.

All the talk of riots and mass protests yet hardly any of the fuckers even bother doing anything. Wasn't the "big" march to London this year a huge embarrassment?

Most I know don't even fucking vote.

They voted to leave but don’t vote in elections? how odd. 

31 minutes ago, quote the raven said:

They voted to leave but don’t vote in elections? how odd. 

Yeah a good few people I know (including some remainers) voted in the EU referendum but rarely if ever vote otherwise. Most older people I know or work with don't vote at all.

Another common theme I've come across from some leavers is I'll never vote again if we don't leave the EU.

Not really sure how that helps their cause.

• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, The King Of Swing said:

Yeah a good few people I know (including some remainers) voted in the EU referendum but rarely if ever vote otherwise. Most older people I know or work with don't vote at all.

Another common theme I've come across from some leavers is I'll never vote again if we don't leave the EU.

Not really sure how that helps their cause.

People are baffling. I have heard the "i will never bother voting again" thing. If i was a non voter feeling like you where not listened to the first time that would make me more likely to vote not the other way around.