General Erection 2019

Gus Mears

Who are you voting for?  

213 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Just now, JNLister said:

I fear Johnson has already won the 2024 election.

Yeah I think the same but hanging on to the thought that this was a one issue election that won’t be sorted out quickly, and new Tory voters will see how shit he actually is and not get bitten again. 

Then I remember this is the British public we are talking about. 

• Paid Members
26 minutes ago, JNLister said:

Surely Brexit will be over by then? Leavers will wonder why it wasn't a magic button that improved their lives and gave money back to local services. Hopefully they'll want Tory scalps.

Does it have to turn into Mad Max before people stop voting Tory? Fuck me!

Edited by Rob Lowe

2 hours ago, ColinBollocks said:

It will be interesting to see how Sturgeon navigates the next few years. Scotland turning into a Simpsons character on the electoral map makes it fairly clear what Scotland thinks of all this.

They'll likely push for another independence vote, to the surprise of no one. The only real difference between a new vote in a year or two and the previous vote is that the oil revenue predictions have dropped substantially.

Last time the financial argument was fairly open for debate, and the remain side still won. This time, it will be more clear-cut so I can see a larger vote in favour of remain. The Scottish GDP deficit is sitting at something like 8%, and the financial gap would see a requirement for austerity measures within Scotland that would make the Tories look like Corbyn-style spend-merchants, 

It would mean massive cuts to public services, or ridiculous taxes introduced. I can't see the idealistic, teary-eyed nationalistic argument standing up to the financial argument.

• Paid Members
24 minutes ago, Rob Lowe said:

Surely Brexit will be over by then? Leavers will wonder why it wasn't a magic button that improved their lives and gave money back to local services. Hopefully they'll want Tory scalps.

Naa, they’ll just be distracted by celebrity jungles and will be too busy ridiculing his opposition based on whatever shoes they’re wearing.

My faith in the general public was already pretty low from last time. This is verging on absolute comedy, but in the same way the final destination films were funny.

12 minutes ago, Kaz Hayashi said:

Naa, they’ll just be distracted by celebrity jungles and will be too busy ridiculing his opposition based on whatever shoes they’re wearing.

My faith in the general public was already pretty low from last time. This is verging on absolute comedy, but in the same way the final destination films were funny.

It's a bastard when the vast majority are all morons. 

1 hour ago, JNLister said:

This will most likely depend a fair bit on how the Labour party decide to play things. 

Britain is a centre right/right wing country, it's as simple as that. For the Labour party to succeed short-term they'll sadly have to veer more to the right. At the moment they're centre-left, which is construed as being far-left by some, which is ridiculous.

A shift in tactics by Labour, coupled with the end of the Brexit/EU debate means that people may start looking at domestic policies again, and the conservatives may not come off too well there.

• Paid Members

Fuck this bullshit. 

They interviewed three Labour-turned-Tory voters, and two of them's logic was mind-boggling: they went blue because they don't like Corbyn. If you're so intent on voting against someone, that doesn't mean you fucking vote for the diametric opposite, you fucking cretins. Plenty of non-shitty Tory options they could've voted for. 

Wretches. They deserve everything they get. 

• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, Carbomb said:

Fuck this bullshit. 

They interviewed three Labour-turned-Tory voters, and two of them's logic was mind-boggling: they went blue because they don't like Corbyn. If you're so intent on voting against someone, that doesn't mean you fucking vote for the diametric opposite, you fucking cretins. Plenty of non-shitty Tory options they could've voted for. 

Wretches. They deserve everything they get. 

"And why don't you like Corbyn"

He's too old

He's a Marxist

He hates Jews.

In reality it's because you're a moron who believes what The Daily Mail tells you to believe. 

• Paid Members

Opposite for me. Philips can fuck the fuck off, pretty much was determined to undermine Labour from the moment Corbyn was elected. Would vote Long-Bailey or Rayner, but I'm hoping Lewis steps up.