Sign in to follow this  
Gus Mears

General Erection 2019

Who are you voting for?  

213 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

God, I’d have actually given anything for the forum to throw one of its fits and see you double post there Keith. I’d have died a happy man if that had happened.

16 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

God, I’d have actually given anything for the forum to throw one of its fits and see you double post there Keith. I’d have died a happy man if that had happened.

Yeah people who double post are right dickheads

Anyway, big turn out in Putney tonight. Is this an important seat? 

Edited by Hannibal Scorch

42 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

First you wished I died, now your just being an arse. I bet you’re a lovely bloke to be around in real life

He's fantastic company, so you're right. 

Putney's the most marginal Conservative held seat in London and probably one of the few places where its heavy Remain lean could mean it goes Tory > Labour rather than Tory > Lib Dem. Realistically you could argue it's the most likely seat in the country for Labour to gain. 

8 minutes ago, JNLister said:

Putney's the most marginal Conservative held seat in London and probably one of the few places where its heavy Remain lean could mean it goes Tory > Labour rather than Tory > Lib Dem. Realistically you could argue it's the most likely seat in the country for Labour to gain. 

Thanks for the insight. I wondered if there was a reason it was being shouted out and that’s obviously why. Fingers crossed

A poll is showing it’s down to 6 points. I don’t think it will be a crushing win if there is a win at all.

To be honest I’d rather a slim majority over a huge one anyway. Never hurts to have some checks and balances 

I still have the nightmare that a slim majority winds up with:

Boris Johnson: "Now we can pass my deal!"

ERG: "Yeah, we just remembered we don't like the divorce bill or the taking rules in a transition period or the Irish Sea border, so we're voting against."

Johnson: "But if you do that we'll lose the vote and then crash out without a deal."

ERG:

mark-francois.jpg

Johnson won’t ever recover after he had said time and time again that all the candidates have promised to back his deal. They win any form of majority and fail to get it though it will be chaos. People would have the whip removed and no confidence vote would be a rea possibility 

Edited by quote the raven

3 hours ago, quote the raven said:

Johnson won’t ever recover after he had said time and time again that all the candidates have promised to back his deal. They win any form of majority and fail to get it though it will be chaos. People would have the whip removed and no confidence vote would be a rea possibility 

Man you have so much more faith in the system than I do.

Just now, Chest Rockwell said:

Man you have so much more faith in the system than I do.

I have faith in Johnson having no choice but to remove the whip if anyone of his new government refuse to back his deal. IF that then puts him in a minority the opposition parties would be stupid not to call no confidence and round we go again. 

I dont think it will come to that yet......Come end of next year if we dont have a deal in place and we end up back on the no deal knife edge its very possible. 

Does anyone just find all of this utterly draining? My MH has taken a fucking nosedive this last month (hate this time of year as it is and my sunlight lamp is broke) and all of this is just really overwhelming.

I’d like to switch off from it all and just not care, but that’s not a choice is it really? Thursday night/Friday morning I’ll be sat watching it all when I should just be watching Back To The Future. 

Sorry, nothing to add on the GE but just wanted to know if anyone else shared this.

I'm getting to the point where I'm just thinking "Fuck it - leave all the political TV, radio, and social media alone, and just watch nothing but light stuff until election day, then vote. Done."

Yes, absolutely. I'd been doing a decent job of avoiding too much stress about it, while still keeping up, but yesterday was just so much in one go. The shit about EU migrants not treating this as 'their country', the hospital stuff, the coordinated lies about the hospital stuff, the 'fake punch' story and the journalists fucking HELPING... yesterday was the first time I started feeling outright anxious over this shit.

12 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

Does anyone just find all of this utterly draining? My MH has taken a fucking nosedive this last month (hate this time of year as it is and my sunlight lamp is broke) and all of this is just really overwhelming.

I’d like to switch off from it all and just not care, but that’s not a choice is it really? Thursday night/Friday morning I’ll be sat watching it all when I should just be watching Back To The Future. 

Sorry, nothing to add on the GE but just wanted to know if anyone else shared this.

Yep me and Keith have both mentioned the same. I'm having issues at work as well, but this whole situation and fear as to what could happen on Thursday is definitely contributing to my MH struggles