General Erection 2019

Gus Mears

Who are you voting for?  

213 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Paid Members
6 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

Consider North East Somerset, where Dr Phil Hammond is standing as an independent candidate against Rees Mogg. The last time I checked, the Greens and Lib Dems agreed not to field a candidate against him. Labour, however, decided against. Rees Mogg could genuinely be out on his ear just as Neil Hamilton was in 97 when he was challenged only by Martin Bell, if the field were narrowed just to two. And yet they appear willing to see him returned to Parliament. I don't get it. Better to stand a candidate when you stand no chance of winning than see a big-name Tory sent on his way by working with others, is it?

I think its a pride thing, as in wanting to be seen fielding candidates in every British mainland seat.

I'm experiencing major politics apathy and don't see the point in voting. 

That said, I forsee cunty Tories winning again and the gammon army coming out in force.

I'd love a labour govt but the current opposition just aren't strong enough and that's saying something when looking at the current shower of shite. Kier Starmer looked good in the debate last week and had some leadership qualities when debating at the box. 

I never thought I'd say it but I'd almost kill for a Tony Blair in this day and age...

22 minutes ago, Briefcase said:

As much as I don't like Boris. I also don't like Corbyn. It's actually hard to vote for either at the moment. 

Does this stem from their ideas and policies, or your own moral compass?

Because one is fairly understandable. The other, not so much.

2 minutes ago, AdamTH17 said:

Does this stem from their ideas and policies, or your own moral compass?

Because one is fairly understandable. The other, not so much.

Probably me in all honesty, but then as someone who doesn't really follow politics closely there is a danger that others might not do so as well which means either people won't vote or will vote without knowing the true ins and out of what they are voting for. 

4 minutes ago, westlondonmist said:

While the Brexit Party will win fuck all, they are a major threat to the conservatives. They could easily stop them from winning seats, if you really want leave that badly why would you vote for them?

Very similar to where I'm at in Rotherham.

The tiny minds of the local racists will be exploding with contradictory thoughts.

It's traditionally a Labour Stronghold, but with the Asian Child Grooming Scandal that Our Tommeh exposed single handedly, they don't like Labour anymore.

But also up here BREXIT MEANS BREXIT and WE NEED TO TEK OUR COUNTRY BACK so the Brexit Party will do pretty well too.

In conclusion, I've no idea. I voted Green last time and probably will do again.

• Paid Members

My constituency's David Lammy. Been a Labour super-stronghold since the end of WWII, and doesn't look like it's changing any time soon. Given Lammy's recent profile in parliament and the news, I wouldn't be surprised if he returns with his biggest majority yet.

48 minutes ago, Carbomb said:

My constituency's David Lammy. Been a Labour super-stronghold since the end of WWII, and doesn't look like it's changing any time soon. Given Lammy's recent profile in parliament and the news, I wouldn't be surprised if he returns with his biggest majority yet.

And he’s COYS. We’ll be sure to add it to the trophy cabinet when he does.

Could see some very unusual results this time imo. Tories, Labour and LibDems all have problems that could cost them.

Tories: Real risk of losing votes to the Brexit Ballbags, could also see the Dems making a dent.

Labour: Internal problems and I bet some of the PLP are already making moves. Corbyn's public image has also taken a battering.

LebDems: Can see them welcoming former Tories into the fold upsetting their base. Also need to get Students back onside somehow and I think it'll take more than revoke to do that.

I'll be amazed if the Tories don't lose most of their seats in Scotland and make serious gains in Wales. Seems like they have to make big gains in England.

Corbyn absolutely needs to nail this campaign. Zero room for error from either side though.

Imagine another hung parliament? Fucking hell.

I'm voting Labour.

14 minutes ago, The King Of Swing said:

Could see some very unusual results this time imo. Tories, Labour and LibDems all have problems that could cost them.

Tories: Real risk of losing votes to the Brexit Ballbags, could also see the Dems making a dent.

Labour: Internal problems and I bet some of the PLP are already making moves. Corbyn's public image has also taken a battering.

LebDems: Can see them welcoming former Tories into the fold upsetting their base. Also need to get Students back onside somehow and I think it'll take more than revoke to do that.

I'll be amazed if the Tories don't lose most of their seats in Scotland and make serious gains in Wales. Seems like they have to make big gains in England.

Corbyn absolutely needs to nail this campaign. Zero room for error from either side though.

Imagine another hung parliament? Fucking hell.

I'm voting Labour.

I can’t see the Tories winning more than two seats in Scotland, if they even do that well.

Labour will almost certainly lose most of their MPs. Ian Murray in Edinburgh will probably retain his seat, but that’s about it.

I think the Lib Dems will end up with the second highest number of seats in Scotland, although the SNP will absolutely walk this one up north.

Edited by RedRooster

4 hours ago, Ronnie said:

Consider North East Somerset, where Dr Phil Hammond is standing as an independent candidate against Rees Mogg. The last time I checked, the Greens and Lib Dems agreed not to field a candidate against him. Labour, however, decided against. Rees Mogg could genuinely be out on his ear just as Neil Hamilton was in 97 when he was challenged only by Martin Bell, if the field were narrowed just to two. And yet they appear willing to see him returned to Parliament. I don't get it. Better to stand a candidate when you stand no chance of winning than see a big-name Tory sent on his way by working with others, is it?

I'm in the NE Somerset constituency. I will happily vote for anyone that is not Rees-Mogg. Sadly, he's still rather popular in these parts and as much as I'd love to see him get voted out (or horsewhipped), I'll be amazed if he's not re-elected.