Sign in to follow this  
Gus Mears

General Erection 2019

Who are you voting for?  

213 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'd check: https://tacticalvoting.jonworth.eu/

It's just one guy doing it, but he's quite obsessively analysed all the different guides out there on a seat-by-seat basis. The link above will let you find a shareable video that's just him saying which way to vote, or you can check https://tacticalvoting.jonworth.eu/the-original-guide/ for more details about how he came to his conclusion for each seat.

14 hours ago, Devon Malcolm said:

Fuck Andrew Neil. Johnson isn't going to do it and Neil knows that. It's too fucking late. He stuck Corbyn and Swinson out there and yelled over the top of them under the bullshit pretence that Johnson would get the same. He can stuff his Tough Guy (thumbs up) act up his arse.

13 hours ago, Keith Houchen said:

How much of a difference would a Johnson interview with Brillo actually make?  As has been said continually, vast swathes of Johnsons voter base already know or don't care that he is racist liar and will still vote for his party. I don't think it would make a significant difference anyway, what is changing opinion is Labour on the campaign trail, as AOC said, don't read polls, change them.

I think this is the best outcome. Johnson looks like the coward he is and Neil gives him a proper rinsing over it rather than being soft as shit when they sit down together.

Not that it matters, of course. None of it does. This is a disheartening campaign.

A brilliant moment in our office at work earlier where a group of five of us were calmly discussing the election, who we were voting for and why with some good, structured arguments from all involved to back up their choices. A sixth bloke who had been sat quietly at his desk stands up and the following ensues:

Bloke: "I'm not voting Tory but I can't vote for Labour because Corbyn is a fucking Marxist."

Me, putting the worm on the fishing hook: "Bloke, what IS a Marxist?"

Bloke: "Well..... it's.. it's errrm...... What do you think about the lib dems wanting another referendum?"

Me: "No, what's a Marxist. You've said that's the reason you won't vote labour, do you know what one is?"

Bloke: No.

And that seems to be a bit of a recurring theme, folk just parroting shit they've been told or just repeating party slogans. We've had another fella in who has said he's voting Conservative and backed this up by just repeating "Well Johnson is Getting Brexit Done isn't he" and "The Lib Dems are ignoring The Will Of The People". Fucks sake.

Rees-Mogg has finally emerged from the shadows in North East Somerset, to make his first - and only - public appearance of the campaign.

What makes this notable is the choice of picture to accompany the headline on my local 'Somerset Live' news website:

https://www.somersetlive.co.uk/news/somerset-news/general-election-2019-jacob-rees-3614056

1 hour ago, Grecian said:

Rees-Mogg has finally emerged from the shadows in North East Somerset, to make his first - and only - public appearance of the campaign.

What makes this notable is the choice of picture to accompany the headline on my local 'Somerset Live' news website:

https://www.somersetlive.co.uk/news/somerset-news/general-election-2019-jacob-rees-3614056

Just to avoid the clicking as it’s too good not to share 

68198EE7-E58B-4FFD-8DF5-89E01E1E85B7.jpeg

If anyone was playing the "Get Brexit Done" drinking game during the leaders debate tonight, they'll be lucky if they can post like Butch at 4 in the morning.

I’m in A&E right now with suspected alcohol poisoning

I wouldn't actually mind if the NHS was so stressed to breaking point that they let you die in a corridor.

1 hour ago, Keith Houchen said:

I wouldn't actually mind if the NHS was so stressed to breaking point that they let you die in a corridor.

Unfortunately after 6 hours I am fixed. Still, give it another few months and you’d probably be in luck 

1 hour ago, Keith Houchen said:

If anyone was playing the "Get Brexit Done" drinking game during the leaders debate tonight, they'll be lucky if they can post like Butch at 4 in the morning.

I miss my pre-mod early morning rampages on here. 

The most enjoyable thing about these debates is watching the left and right media try and spin them into a win for their boy. 

If ever media bias needs proving its right after one of these. 

I think this might be the last election where I vote against my own narrow financial self interest and vote in the interests of those less well off than me.

If, after a decade of austerity and food banks, Brexit lies and Tory corruption, the great British public decide to reward them with an increased majority... Then fuck them frankly.

I'm going to go fully right wing and revel in my tax breaks and private healthcare.  

If Johnson gets a majority them I'm adopting a use any and every dishonest trick in the book to get elected stance from then onwards.

If the public want corrupt liars in office then so be it.

As Loki says. Fuck em.

39 minutes ago, The King Of Swing said:

If Johnson gets a majority them I'm adopting a use any and every dishonest trick in the book to get elected stance from then onwards.

Are you running for office, then?