General Erection 2019

Gus Mears

Who are you voting for?  

213 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

21 hours ago, David said:

Well, we don't really know what any future trade deal with the US will consist of, do we? I'm not saying you're wrong, but there's a hell of a lot of moving parts to such a deal, and by the time anything is signed off we may not even have the same President or Prime Minister at the helm of both countries. 

You're right, let's not worry about anything in advance, and just deal with it when it happens.  That's what I do in life, so it's bound to work great for running an entire country, right?  👏

Chest is absolutely right here - indeed Trump explicitly mentioned the NHS when talking about a US-UK trade deal earlier this year.  The NHS is the largest employer IN THE WORLD.  It's essentially the largest publicly owned company in the world - no wonder the US private sector want at it.  There's money to be made breaking it up and running it with the sort of ruthless efficiency we can see on display in companies like Amazon, Deliveroo and so on.  

There are many different models to healthcare, but the US has pretty much the worst one imaginable - and once we're done smashing our economic relationship with the EU, it's the Yanks who we'll be desperate to trade with, ensuring they hold all the cards at the negotiation table.

As Orton would say - stupid, stupid, stupid.

1 hour ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

Amazing

Maybe I’m getting old but I really detest these and the JOE videos where they do this with him, Mogg etc. I think it just plays into the whole “Lol, Boris with the funny hair saying silly things” schtick to be honest. By all means satire them, but this is just shit.

• Paid Members
15 minutes ago, Factotum said:

I agree. His own words are stupid enough. Just play a video of his speech.

The JOE video about healthcare in the US was way more effective than any 'Mogg's A Gimp' video

I think they all serve a purpose. People respond to different things, so I think there is room for both approaches without one affecting the other

I think they all serve a purpose. People respond to different things, so I think there is room for both approaches without one affecting the other

We'll agree to disagree, I just think its easy to actually make the truth effective these days rather than an edited version.

• Paid Members
4 minutes ago, King Coconut said:

You mean, like, these days? The ones we're living in now? You can make the truth effective? Where?

On a day when Javid made up facts and lied about homelessness I think we need to accept the truth is often not used by MP’s

• Paid Members
14 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

Johnson still hasn't agreed to be interviewed by Andrew Neil. Brillo's commented publicly on it now:

Forget talk of an interview; it would be a bloodsport.

People said Corbyn’s was a car crash. Johnson’s would be Armageddon 

• Paid Members

Fuck Andrew Neil. Johnson isn't going to do it and Neil knows that. It's too fucking late. He stuck Corbyn and Swinson out there and yelled over the top of them under the bullshit pretence that Johnson would get the same. He can stuff his Tough Guy (thumbs up) act up his arse.

• Paid Members

These Andrew Neil interviews have been pretty good. Him going on about antisemitism for so long with Corbyn was frustrating but other that they’ve been alright. I’m really impressed they went in hard on Johnson at the end of tonight’s show, it would have been easy to just mention the fact he’s not agreed to an interview and move on. It may all be for nothing of course, but they’re pushing Neil’s little speech hard on the news and social media. 

• Paid Members
26 minutes ago, waters44 said:

Him going on about antisemitism for so long with Corbyn was frustrating

That's precisely the point. Where in his little three minute Twitter video does he mention pulling Johnson up on his numerous racist comments in the past? Nowhere. And considering he chose to put anti-semitism front and centre in the Corbyn interview, why wouldn't he put Johnson's *actual* racism front and centre in his video there?

Edited by Devon Malcolm