General Erection 2019

Gus Mears

Who are you voting for?  

213 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Paid Members
46 minutes ago, Cod Eye said:

It wasn't even that much around our way. My cousin's entire downstairs was under a foot of water for about a week(it's still nowhere near drying out) and she was given ÂŁ200 by the government, and later another ÂŁ150 from a charity collection for flood victims).

That’s shocking. Apparently you can ask for a grant of up to £5000. So nice of them

https://inews.co.uk/opinion/comment/threatening-broadcasters-and-fake-news-rows-how-the-tories-are-making-sure-they-get-talked-about-1328414

850,000 watched the Channel 4 debate, 2.5m people watched the Michael Gove video

And this is how you win an election.  The Tories turned the story from Johnson being frit, to Michael Gove not being allowed into the debate.  The Tories are running a despicably low-rent campaign, but it's working.

• Paid Members
4 minutes ago, Loki said:

https://inews.co.uk/opinion/comment/threatening-broadcasters-and-fake-news-rows-how-the-tories-are-making-sure-they-get-talked-about-1328414

And this is how you win an election.  The Tories turned the story from Johnson being frit, to Michael Gove not being allowed into the debate.  The Tories are running a despicably low-rent campaign, but it's working.

I know we need to take the various polls run with a pinch of salt, but the Mail have a story up about how the Tories had a majority of over 80 seats last week, and now it's down to 12. If true, there is a lot of parallels to the way May through away what many felt was a nailed on majority....

• Paid Members

May lost on dementia tax imo if they chuck it away it will be down to being actually shit not policy issues.

The mail was running the whole "dont count on winning still vote" headline my guess is this is more of the same. 

Im quite happy for a coalition government that includes the Dems, if for no other reason than to reign in some of the more crazy policies from the other two  

Edited by quote the raven

6 hours ago, Loki said:

The debate was an hour long, the Gove vid was a few minutes.  I and others have seen the Gove vid (and the one where he is shown up by a 15 year old activist) but didn't think "Ooh I must vote for his party".  They're clearly pushing the "Banned by the establishment" narrative but the views don't really translate to winning people over.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, LEGIT said:

I hate politics, don't know who to vote for, and need advice. Take it this is the wrong place to be. 

I rather think this election is about who you want to vote against as much as who you want to vote for. I'm seeing a lot more talk about tactical voting than in previous elections. 

3 hours ago, LEGIT said:

I hate politics, don't know who to vote for, and need advice. Take it this is the wrong place to be. 

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/who-vote-general-election-quiz-20977036  There are plenty of other quizzes like this to help you.  Think about what is the most important issues to you and see who pledges to do what sounds good to you.  When it comes to voting, I think of the most vulnerable person I know and vote for which party that I think will make their lives better.  If you think your life has been made better over the last 9 years by the government, stick with them.

I like the public transport analogy.  You know exactly where you want to end up, but there probably isn't a bus going that stops exactly where you want.  So you see which bus gets you closest and you get that one.  If there isn't any buses going near to your destination, then don't get a bus.

• Paid Members
14 hours ago, Keith Houchen said:

The debate was an hour long, the Gove vid was a few minutes.  I and others have seen the Gove vid (and the one where he is shown up by a 15 year old activist) but didn't think "Ooh I must vote for his party".  They're clearly pushing the "Banned by the establishment" narrative but the views don't really translate to winning people over.

Indeed. I've seen plenty of tweets quoting the video and ridiculing Gove and Johnson. Thousands of likes and retweet etc.

• Paid Members

It will be interesting to see whether the social media aspect will galvanise younger voters. Creating a greater turnout from that demographic and overall.  If the turnout  goes backwards from the 50/60% overall average we've had for the last few elections. Well, then we are in trouble.