General Erection 2019

Gus Mears

Who are you voting for?  

213 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Paid Members

Ice sculptures are happening, though sadly it's just sculptures of the Earth with the Conservative logo (and one for Brexit Party) rather than Johnson himself.

Conservatives responding by threatening a review of Channel 4's licence.

Walking parody of a Tory MP despite actually being one, Michael Fabricant did a bit of maths on Corbyns plans on planting new trees. It didn’t go well. My favourite reply was how perhaps he did a Hancock and included existing trees that wouldn’t be replaced. 

This whole thing has been a PR disaster for Johnson, even his own camp know it.  I reckon he'll have to lock in his interview with Brillo now otherwise the BBC will have him interview another ice sculpture.

Fair play to C4 for this.

Not sure how well that statue of Nancy Astor would have gone down if it was Corbyn or someone in Labour behind it:

Despite her anti-Catholicism, Nancy Astor was friends with US Ambassador to Britain Joseph P. Kennedy, Sr. Their correspondence is reportedly filled with anti-Semitic language. Edward J. Renehan, Jr. notes:

As fiercely anti-Communist as they were anti-Semitic, Kennedy and Astor looked upon Adolf Hitler as a welcome solution to both of these "world problems" (Nancy's phrase). ... Kennedy replied that he expected the "Jew media" in the United States to become a problem, that "Jewish pundits in New York and Los Angeles" were already making noises contrived to "set a match to the fuse of the world".[42]

• Paid Members

Just caught the last few minutes of a Johnson phone in on LBC. He was questioned about a comment he made about eating Greggs all the time. Nick Ferrari asked him how much a sausage roll cost, he blithered about for a bit and said £1.90 then said he liked the Vegan ones. Have you had a Vegan one Nick.

I may go back and listen to the rest to see how relevant it all was

• Paid Members

I listened to most of it.

Nick tried to push him on loads of things. He deflected as you would expect. 

When asked about the move of the NHS from a free at point he said any party that tried to do that would be finished and again said its all not true. 

Other than that get brexit done, been quoted out of context on single mothers, letterboxes ect 

Edited by quote the raven

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

Boris Johnson on LBC during the interview said the victims of the recent flooding were given £5000 in terms of compensation.

Turns out it was £500. But Diane Abbot is shit at maths.....

It wasn't even that much around our way. My cousin's entire downstairs was under a foot of water for about a week(it's still nowhere near drying out) and she was given £200 by the government, and later another £150 from a charity collection for flood victims).