General Erection 2019

Gus Mears

Who are you voting for?  

213 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Paid Members

So we've had the story about Johnson ducking the Sky debate rumbling along for a couple of weeks and more recently him not agreeing an interview with Andrew Neil. Meanwhile Corbyn seems to have happily agreed to everything.

The Telegraph headline this morning? You guessed it:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2019/11/27/jeremy-corbyn-dodges-tv-debates-disastrous-bbc-interview/

Newspapers in this country are corrupt to the point of being dangerous. It's not even funny anymore. 

• Paid Members

I fear this is bollocks, but there's a rumour that because Johnson is no-showing the leaders climate debate, Channel 4 are commissioning an ice sculpture of him to put in his assigned slot. If it happened to slowly melt away under the lights, well, these things happen.

• Paid Members

Kay Burley accused the Labour parties Anti-Semitism claims as the reason for that video that was doing the rounds of the Anti-Semite on the train who got shouted down by a muslim. She also said that all these new parks Labour are proposing wouldn't be visited by jews as they would be too scared to go out. Barry Gardner put up a good fight. Can't find a good clip at the moment. Just this

Edited by Hannibal Scorch

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, JNLister said:

I fear this is bollocks, but there's a rumour that because Johnson is no-showing the leaders climate debate, Channel 4 are commissioning an ice sculpture of him to put in his assigned slot. If it happened to slowly melt away under the lights, well, these things happen.

Boris slowly melting under the lights will happen if he is there or if it's an ice sculpture. 

Whoever's running his campaign needs firing. That they keep putting him in situations that he can't possibly look good in is baffling. That one with the nurses yesterday was a PR shitshow that even Prince Andrew wouldn't think went well. 

9 minutes ago, Lion_of_the_Midlands said:

Whoever's running his campaign needs firing.

No they don’t. They’re keeping him away from scrutiny and his party are ahead in the polls. The less he’s exposed then the better it is for them. 

• Paid Members
24 minutes ago, Lion_of_the_Midlands said:

Boris slowly melting under the lights will happen if he is there or if it's an ice sculpture. 

Whoever's running his campaign needs firing. That they keep putting him in situations that he can't possibly look good in is baffling. That one with the nurses yesterday was a PR shitshow that even Prince Andrew wouldn't think went well. 

Where was the footage shown? ITV. BBC didn't show anything on the news, that I saw

• Paid Members
27 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

No they don’t. They’re keeping him away from scrutiny and his party are ahead in the polls. The less he’s exposed then the better it is for them. 

Sadly true. They know that all they need to do is rely on the cult of personality he's built up, people's irrational fear of Corbyn stoked by the press, and stopping him from opening his big mouth and further damaging the illusion - not that that would be easy, because the cunts who'd vote for him have already made up their mind, and are probably as shit as he is.

• Paid Members

Jon Worth on Twitter is keeping track of candidates who've has some sort of... problem (antisemitism, racism, sexual misconduct etc) and have either stood down, been removed by their party, or it's genuinely amazing they are still standing.

So far he's up to 29:

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, johnnyboy said:

https://youtu.be/wvZEvToplZE

Embed doesn't seem to want to work.  I saw the clip on Twitter with an ITV ident.

Yeah I saw it on their last night. I was really trying to point out the fact the BBC for some reason didn't think that needed to be shown, but scones are fine!

I actually get Matt Hancock's point here.  He's saying that they will increase the overall number of nurses in the NHS by retaining a whole bunch that would in the normal course of things leave, as well as hiring extra on top of current hiring.   If they had said " we will increase the total number of nurses in the NHS by 50,000" then I don't think they'd be getting attacked as much.

But as ever with this new post-truth right-wing electioneering, the headline is much more important than the facts.  Trump ran this sort of campaign in 2016, and the guys who ran Scott Morrison's successful campaign in Australia last year, Sean Topham and Ben Guerin, are now running Johnson's.  Tell a big half-truth, or lie, then never admit it's wrong.  The public, who are fucking dense it turns out, will swallow it and move on, leaving weedy lefties and progressives to whine about facts and figures.

We get the politicians we deserve.