General Erection 2019

Gus Mears

Who are you voting for?  

213 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Some dickhead put a Lib Dem leaflet through my door last night so I ran out the house to tell him to fuck off. As he legged it, my cat got out and I had to spend ages looking for him. 

The Lib Dems hate cats. Do not trust them. 

Edited by UK Kat Von D

• 3 weeks later...
  • Awards Moderator
8 hours ago, Chunk said:

Sooo, Tories got this in the bag then!?

Sadly so. 

Here's my constituency's voting record in my lifetime. 

IMG_20191124_235731.jpg.e4fda03b63ffc39abf1b8ddd80dbf0ef.jpg

More blue than Chubby Brown. A couple of narrow windows where Labour nearly stood a chance, but my pocket of Essex remains staunchly 'not in my back yard', 'get them out', and 'hands off my hard earned.' 

Edited by Onyx2

• Paid Members

Yep. I don’t know how it’s happened, other then Brexit means Brexit oven ready gammon bring the power back etc. Their manifesto just shows them to be the counts you know they are unless you’re rich, they have placed Rees Mogg in Sadam’s old cave as well. 

and of course, all the dirty tricks have got them in 0 trouble because everyone loves a clown.

• Paid Members

Well the explanation is that it opens up business opportunities in areas of the country that businesses would normally overlook as fast broadband is a pre requisite to their operation. Also that broadband supports modern forms of communication ... be that nerds like us in on a forum or single parents families with low incomes booking GP appointments.

I'm sure you already know this though. 

• Paid Members

It's a perfectly sensible modernising policy, in terms of catching up to the levels of broadband availability in other European countries.

More importantly, connectivity is an absolute essential in modern Britain. Aside from the perks for businesses (one of the degree programmes I used to be administrator for was an IT for Business degree, and students coming in for interview had to bring in an article to discuss, I've seen countless articles talking about the UK needed a drastic, top-down reinvestment in broadband services or else UK business would suffer), there are so many boons for the individual, particularly those most likely to not have the benefit of broadband access already.

Online applications for Universal Credit, job-hunting, education...so many things that are essential to so many people require internet access, so it's mad that we treat it like a luxury.

• Paid Members

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-50536205

Few of the current utilities moving off shore just in case. No idea how labour would stop them doing this.  

According to the Sunday Times, water company Anglian and Yorkshire has also set up an offshore holding company. Severn Trent is said to be considering a similar move.

Edited by quote the raven

Do people like paying more money for utilities in order to make money for shareholders? EDIT: Just read the article. The idea that these energy companies give a shit about anything other than rinsing the most money out of consumers with the least amount of effort is total bollocks.

Edited by hallicks

• Paid Members

This will stop them being brought cheaper than market value. However they have been promised government bonds to make up for any shortfall 

I have no idea how government bonds work. Would the shareholders be better off with them or no?

Edited by quote the raven

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, quote the raven said:

This will stop them being brought cheaper than market value. However they have been promised government bonds to make up for any shortfall 

I have no idea how government bonds work. Would the shareholders be better off with them or no?

I’m sure BT shareholders will be