General Erection 2019

Gus Mears

Who are you voting for?  

213 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Didn't understand Woodcock or Austin. I don't like Corbyn but jesus to come and say they will vote the most right wing Conservatives I have seen in my life time is insane. I could understand if they said Green. It doesn't come across as they left the party due to extremism, it comes across they just want hate Johnny foreigner extremism instead. I actually side WITH Corbyn saying they lied to voters getting elected as Labour mps. 

• Paid Members

This election is the "hold my beer" meme election race to the bottom.

Labour MP quits, says vote tory, Jewish news paper says dont vote labour due to racism. 

So Mogg decides he will blame the IQ of the people in Grenfell for dying, and they appoint Nick Conrad...Who more or less blamed women for rape.

I think this is some twisted form of Karma for me laughing at my US mates having to pick between Trump and Clinton 

• Paid Members

I see what you all mean, but then my timeline is full of people who are in minimum wage jobs, claiming benefits etc all sharing memes about how they'd rather let Gary Glitter babysit than have Corbyn as PM. There's only so many times I can say "look at the policies of each party rather than listening to what the media want you to think" before it gets old, especially when they're then reaching and digging for any reason to want to vote Tory. I'm trying to avoid sticking political stuff on mine because people complain that I'm trying to influence their vote. I usually just stick those "which party should I vote" surveys on there. 

• Paid Members
4 minutes ago, jazzygeofferz said:

I see what you all mean, but then my timeline is full of people who are in minimum wage jobs, claiming benefits etc all sharing memes about how they'd rather let Gary Glitter babysit than have Corbyn as PM. There's only so many times I can say "look at the policies of each party rather than listening to what the media want you to think" before it gets old, especially when they're then reaching and digging for any reason to want to vote Tory. I'm trying to avoid sticking political stuff on mine because people complain that I'm trying to influence their vote. I usually just stick those "which party should I vote" surveys on there. 

Fuck that. I post whatever I want on my fucking wall, and if people were to complain that I'm trying to influence their vote, I'd say "Well, yeah - that's exactly the point of what I'm trying to do. Why the hell else would I post it?"

If they're so worried about being influenced, perhaps their political position isn't as strong or as moral as they thought. What do they think "influence" is anyway? Surely they'd want to know that they'd change their minds based on new information and perspectives, rather than sticking to what they choose to believe, contrary to all evidence? 

And if even that's too hard for them, they don't have to read or follow you.

• Paid Members
6 hours ago, The King Of Swing said:

Not coming across well at all is he? Might turn out to be a bit of an own goal for the Tories.

I don't see him winning Labour voters over and the people eating this shit up were probably never voting Labour to begin with.

The bigger problem is the main Jewish news paper asking non Jewish people not to vote labour 

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/don-t-vote-for-corbyn-pleads-jewish-chronicle-lj3pt9gmm

• Paid Members

There are a lot of left-wing Jewish luminaries like the writer Michael Rosen who are getting increasingly vocal about how pissed off they are at the situation, and how the Board of Deputies doesn't speak for them. Also, the JC itself actually ran a piece last week by a rabbi calling for people to actually stop and think about what's being said.

It's a major problem, because it is simultaneously true that there has been a problem with anti-Jewish racism in the Labour party AND that the right wing are weaponising it. It angers me because they're stoking fears to a fever pitch, at a point where you've got the JC claiming that half the Jewish population in this country will leave if Corbyn gets in.

Does anyone actually believe that Corbyn will institute policies that will harm Jews in this country? He's been stupid and soft on dealing with anti-Jewish behaviour and speech, but does anyone, whatever they think of the guy, really think that he's going to stick Jews in ghettos or remove them from office or authorise pamphlets demonising them en route to systematically gassing them in chambers?

• Paid Members

It's all a bit of a mess, because on one side you have the anti-Semitic argument against the left wing and on the other end you have a group who vote against Europe because they don't like brown people.

Both are the minority of the overall pov as far as I can tell, but it's amazing how it's all pushed so hard.

• Paid Members
27 minutes ago, Carbomb said:

There are a lot of left-wing Jewish luminaries like the writer Michael Rosen who are getting increasingly vocal about how pissed off they are at the situation, and how the Board of Deputies doesn't speak for them. Also, the JC itself actually ran a piece last week by a rabbi calling for people to actually stop and think about what's being said.

It's a major problem, because it is simultaneously true that there has been a problem with anti-Jewish racism in the Labour party AND that the right wing are weaponising it. It angers me because they're stoking fears to a fever pitch, at a point where you've got the JC claiming that half the Jewish population in this country will leave if Corbyn gets in.

Does anyone actually believe that Corbyn will institute policies that will harm Jews in this country? He's been stupid and soft on dealing with anti-Jewish behaviour and speech, but does anyone, whatever they think of the guy, really think that he's going to stick Jews in ghettos or remove them from office or authorise pamphlets demonising them en route to systematically gassing them in chambers?

Im a tory voter......or cunt as we are referred to here.and i dont believe corbyn is anything more than you suggest above. However when idiots like Gideon Bull make comments like he has done its not helping. 

As i said above its a race to the bottom in terms in smears and idiots making comments one both sides. Mogg and Conrad being prime examples on the blue side.

Edited by quote the raven

• Paid Members

Margaret Hodge certainly does, she apparently felt the same fear as a Jew in 1930’s Germany, thinking “they were coming for her”, after she was legitimately suspended for calling her boss “a fucking anti-Semite and racist”.  She was on the Today programme this morning refusing to answer whether she would prefer Johnson or Corbyn as PM, during an election campaign where she’s standing as a Labour candidate.

Michael Rosen isn’t the only one getting fed up of the dangerous hyperbole at play, in February Jewish Voice for Labour published an open letter  highlighting the disproportionate focus on anti-semitism within Labour. The letter was signed by academics, educators, film & theatre directors, lawyers, physicians etc. It got practically no publicity despite JVL’s membership being exclusively Jewish Labour members, in contrast with their far more covered contemporaries Jewish Labour Movement, which doesn’t require you to be Jewish or even a Labour Party member to join.

Listen to what’s Jews are telling us about Corbyn!! No, not those Jews, the other Jews, the Jewish “community”.

Edited by stumobir

• Paid Members
56 minutes ago, quote the raven said:

The bigger problem is the main Jewish news paper asking non Jewish people not to vote labour 

I can't believe a right-leaning paper is imploring people not to vote Labour.