Jordan 'minstrel' Myles

JNLister

52 minutes ago, Carbomb said:

It would be if said behaviour wasn't seen as damaging to the movement towards equality as a whole. Progress is achieved by solidarity, that is true, but that cuts both ways, especially in an environment like the US where struggle is necessary.

Individuals being treated as individual people and not either expected or pressured to say, think, do and believe set things based on their gender, race, religion or anything else is never damaging to equality as a whole.

People being told they must conform to a set type based on one or multiple of those things whether positively or negatively most certainly is.

For example if someone who doesn't fit the MAGA stereotype of angry white man votes for Donald Trump it is irrelevant whether that's crazy or Trump's an arsehole. Them being told they shouldn't because of their race is mad.

I never noticed anything wrong with the shirt until it was pointed out. Fair enough, others did. 

Myles has done himself zero favours though. Even if this is too big a deal for him to lose his job right now, the more he goes off on one, the more he'll just alienate himself, make enemies and lose potential bookings (ROH for one). 

Can see his idea, make as big a noise as possible, get as much publicity, make WWE scared of the bad press. I just can't see it ending well for him, and I think he'll regret it. 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Jonny Vegas said:

Individuals being treated as individual people and not either expected or pressured to say, think, do and believe set things based on their gender, race, religion or anything else is never damaging to equality as a whole.

People being told they must conform to a set type based on one or multiple of those things whether positively or negatively most certainly is.

For example if someone who doesn't fit the MAGA stereotype of angry white man votes for Donald Trump it is irrelevant whether that's crazy or Trump's an arsehole. Them being told they shouldn't because of their race is mad.

Well, we're going to have to diverge here. I think you're wrong, because of various historical factors that I think you're not taking into account; consequently, you're pre-supposing a premise of equal ground that hasn't existed and doesn't exist yet.

EDIT: I should expand upon the previous point, to add to my earlier assertion that I am still hesitant to label anyone that, because it's a serious accusation. I think that Uncle Toms have existed, and potentially do exist, but they are at the extreme end of the issue. Overall, I consider it that, if BME people want to be Tory or Republican, it's the ultimate equality: they have the right to be twunts and arseholes too.

Edited by Carbomb

38 minutes ago, Carbomb said:

Well, we're going to have to diverge here. I think you're wrong, because of various historical factors that I think you're not taking into account; consequently, you're pre-supposing a premise of equal ground that hasn't existed and doesn't exist yet.

EDIT: I should expand upon the previous point, to add to my earlier assertion that I am still hesitant to label anyone that, because it's a serious accusation. I think that Uncle Toms have existed, and potentially do exist, but they are at the extreme end of the issue. Overall, I consider it that, if BME people want to be Tory or Republican, it's the ultimate equality: they have the right to be twunts and arseholes too.

Historical or current equal ground is irrelevant. Telling an entire race how they should or shouldn't behave is only ever detrimental.

• Paid Members
5 minutes ago, Jonny Vegas said:

Historical or current equal ground is irrelevant. Telling an entire race how they should or shouldn't behave is only ever detrimental.

Again, we diverge. I do not believe historical influences are irrelevant. And I'm not "telling an entire race", I'm talking about the messages that come from groups who've had to struggle in the past and had their efforts undermined by specific individuals. As to whether or not such is detrimental, maybe it is, maybe it isn't - but I'm not about to tell BME people that their anger at those they consider collaborators is unjustified, just like you don't think it's justified.

I don't believe I'm going to convince you otherwise, and I don't think you are going to convince me, so I think we should agree to disagree.