Jordan 'minstrel' Myles

JNLister

1 hour ago, Whistling Skull said:

What are you getting at here? Are you trying to turn common sense and positivity into some kind of devisive bullshit? Explain yourself.

I found your comment to be over simplistic of issues that aren’t ours to be the judges of. While you probably meant no bad intentions, it is a much more layered subject than “try not to partake in it.”

3 minutes ago, Cannibal Man said:

I mean, is he? really?

Well. ACH is definitely a racist as there’s no doubt that accusing someone of being unable to think for themselves and that they subscribe to a predetermined ideology because of the colour of their skin is racist. Regardless of whether both men are black or not. 

I don’t believe there is intentional racism regarding the t shirt. It seemed to be addressed a month ago. WWE in general are fucking horrible bastards and have done many racist things in the past for sure. I worded it wrong I guess, but I mean I have no sympathy for him anymore. He’s a racist in my eyes. 

1 hour ago, Carbomb said:

Depends on what's "normal" for you. Most people I know knew exactly what they problem was when I showed them the graphic, and so did I when I was shown it.

I must admit that calling any black person an Uncle Tom is potentially very problematic; it's not too far off when right-wing Jews call left-wing ones "self-hating". There are Uncle Toms/coconuts out there, but there needs to be a lot of care taken before labelling someone that, especially in the current climate, in which civil rights issues are coming to the forefront again. 

We don't know what went on behind the scenes at RoH, so it's very possible Myles' accusation could be accurate, particularly as Sinclair Broadcasting Systems, which owns RoH, is an organisation with particularly hard-right Republican tendencies. But until I personally hear about specific instances in which Lethal behaved like an Uncle Tom, I will reserve my own judgment, however little that's worth.

Either way, the era we're living in, people in general should be mindful that things are precarious right now for BME people, and especially for those in the US - the reports of black people being shot and killed by police for, at best, minor infractions, and, at worst, none at all, are becoming alarmingly frequent. Worse still, the justification narratives coming out in an attempt to silence the anger and outrage are predictably inevitable, and a lot of the time these stem from entrenched attitudes that aren't constructed from one, solitary, large narrative of prejudice, but from a culmination of lots of small instances of behaviour and skewed ideas, that in themselves are negligible, but are not in the context of the entire body. Criticising these small instances (I believe the new term is "micro-aggressions") is how we gradually break down the overall issue as a whole.

Calling anyone an uncle tom or even worse a coconut is so damaging to any hope of full equality with no social or political differention amongst all races ever being achieved.

The thought or belief that all people of one race should or shouldn't behave in certain manners or think certain things is idiotic. 

Edited by Jonny Vegas

I can’t believe a progressively minded company like WWE can be accused of racism because of a T-shirt. It’s clearly a tribute to our prime minister who is a big fan of Myles with his piccaninny water melon sambo face. 

• Paid Members
6 minutes ago, ElCece said:

I cant pick anything up. Can someone tell me what I'm missing

I'm not sure if this is a joke or factitious comment mocking some posts in this thread, but I'll assume not and point out the monkey impression on of the DX lads is doing.

• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, Tommy! said:

I'm not sure if this is a joke or factitious comment mocking some posts in this thread, but I'll assume not and point out the monkey impression on of the DX lads is doing.

It really wasnt. I was listening out for something inappropriate so intently I didnt actually watch what those fucker had been up to.

1 hour ago, UK Kat Von D said:

I found your comment to be over simplistic of issues that aren’t ours to be the judges of. While you probably meant no bad intentions, it is a much more layered subject than “try not to partake in it.”

As I've explained to Carbomb, I try not to overcomplicate things that stem from basic human nature. 

Next to that, I find the fact that you linked my statement to white privelege very offensive.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Jonny Vegas said:

The thought or belief that all people of one race should or shouldn't behave in certain manners or think certain things is idiotic. 

It would be if said behaviour wasn't seen as damaging to the movement towards equality as a whole. Progress is achieved by solidarity, that is true, but that cuts both ways, especially in an environment like the US where struggle is necessary.